Lots of injuries / Loan wage restrictions

I am surprised to see no posts whatsoever about the large amount of injuries you pick up in this game compared to previous versions. No matter how many new games I start (I tend to go through a few before settling on a 'long term' game) I always pick up loads of injuries from the word go.

The latest? Five injuries all over 2 months picked up before the league even starts. Has anyone else had these problems?

And whilst I'm here, is there a reason why the Board is restricting (between 0-20%) how much of a loan player's wage I can pay when 100% is comfortably inside my wage budget?

I am surprised to see no posts whatsoever about the large amount of injuries you pick up in this game compared to previous versions. No matter how many new games I start (I tend to go through a few before settling on a 'long term' game) I always pick up loads of injuries from the word go.

The latest? Five injuries all over 2 months picked up before the league even starts. Has anyone else had these problems?

And whilst I'm here, is there a reason why the Board is restricting (between 0-20%) how much of a loan player's wage I can pay when 100% is comfortably inside my wage budget?

Try this one... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294494-Ridiculous-Amount-of-Injuries

who did you buy? owen hargreaves?

club with no money? just hoover up free transfers to replace them.

'Free transfers' still need to be paid wages every week, where do you suggest finding that money from when the board have already said "no more money"?

First point an injury crisis can happen to any club at any time and being before the season starts means little. Do you use default training schedules or create your own?

Do you play young players week in week out as this often leads to being jaded and needing a rest or injuries? If you have a number of games in succession do you rest players from training for the odd day here and there?

For the second point you made the only thing I can think of is if your board believe he is just a rotation or back up player they may not allow you to pay what a first team regular/key player can earn. If not then no idea.

First point an injury crisis can happen to any club at any time and being before the season starts means little. Do you use default training schedules or create your own?

Do you play young players week in week out as this often leads to being jaded and needing a rest or injuries? If you have a number of games in succession do you rest players from training for the odd day here and there?

For the second point you made the only thing I can think of is if your board believe he is just a rotation or back up player they may not allow you to pay what a first team regular/key player can earn. If not then no idea.

But it's an injury crisis immediately in several games.

Playing as RCD Mallorca. I'm using the same training schedules I had for FM 2011. Average age for players. Only play one game per week. I rest them if their condition is particularly low.

The latest injury: first choice goalkeeper for 5 to 6 weeks with a broken finger. This is getting annoying now.

In fact, when I thought I had sent this message I turned FM back on. And now Tissone is out injured for 4 weeks with a hernia...

Just played the same game against Blackburn 3 times, receiving a long-term injury in all three of them, twice to David Petrucci and once to a regen. Neither have problems with injuries. I don't care if I win or lose the match, I refuse to have any more of my squad injured, already having 6 starting XI players out for between 4-12 weeks. Just daft. 4th time lucky? I'm not holding my breath.

The worst thing is players very rarely get booked for challenges which force substitutions, and red cards for them are unheard of. If you're not going to fix the injury problems then at least change the disciplinary consequences for players inflicting bad injuries, because it's just infuriating seeing them get away with it constantly.

Edit> 4th attempt? Didn't even get to 10 minutes and Lorik Cana was forced off, no booking. Absolute joke, I don't know how people can justify crap like this.

Edit #2> 5th attempt, drew 1-1, had my regen right-back forced off despite starting the game on 100% and having great physical stats. Thankfully despite being forced off there is no damage, his condition is bad and I only have two days before my next game, but it'll have to do I guess.

Must be your tactics or something!!

I have never ever had an issue with injuries, jadedness yes, but I narrowed that down to having a young squad, the older they got, the better it has been.

Slow the tempo down on your tactics, use zonal marking, stick to position and so, limit there running and contact with any tactic change possible.

Do this now until you get several players back, then up it a little, but not to far..

Again. I'm about to play Stoke for the 6th time, having won/been winning the previous 5 times but quitting due to being forced into at least one forced substitution every time. I'm sick of it, it's not realistic and it's game-breaking. I barely have a squad as it is having already been hit by a silly amount of (all in-game) injuries and I refuse to lose any more until at least some of them come back. In the game I've just quit, I was 2-0 at 40 minutes, my striker through on goal, only to be tackled from behind and, resulting in an injury and forced substitution. The challenge didn't even get called up for a foul, let alone a red-card given that my guy was the last man.

Cue to numerous posts saying 'it was Stoke, what did you expect', well, 7 years on they're not the Stoke of real-life any more believe it or not and even in real life they do not cause the opposition into a forced substitution every game they play. Others will say I get what I deserve from restarting matches, but I've only resorted to it because I'm sick to death of every match one of my players (never theirs!) being forced off and it's as unrealistic as being able to replay a match. There is no problem with my training, all players are on perfect or near-perfect condition and fitness (between 97% - 100%), tackling isn't set to hard, nothing. There is no way of combatting this.

It's a disgrace that this hasn't been patched, it's unplayable. Royally ****ed off.

Edit: Surprise surprise, 6th attempt, my right-back gets forced off 'with potential damaged arm'. I'm close to throwing my Macbook out the window.

Edit #2: I honestly give up. The same right-back, who has a 16 in natural fitness and 15 in stamina, has just been forced off with an 'upper body injury' - after MIS-KICKING THE BALL! Honestly, who let this crap get through?

Archived