Greedy agents and new contracts

I am currently letting Michael Owen and Owen Hargreaves sit out their final year of contract as I cannot agree terms with their agent. Its the same agent and his demands are outragous. I would love to be able to have a dialouge option to tell the players "you're not getting a new contract because your agent is a greedy so & so" while were at it maybe be able to talk about agents in interviews or when asked about a signing in oress conferences.

Both players have been excellent servants to my Blackburn side but no way will I pay an agent £3m in fees and £114k appearance fee for anyone.

Oh by the way, the agent has a fierce dislike of me which is why he's demanding so much, i just want to be able to bitch about it. :)

Michael is on £41k per week, £10k app fee, Hargreaves is on £49k and £10k app fee.

When negotiating Hargreaves new contract the agent wanted £150k per week straight off. Both players have been 1st team regulars (as per their squad status) and both very happy.

done that and it led to £10m agent fee £114k appearance fee and silly minimum fee clauses.

Ive no problem with the negotiating as this agent is a prat (he also represents Joey Barton and wanted £200K + per week for him) would love to be able to just inform the players that I wont dal with their agent any longer.

I also feel you need to be able to open dialogue with the player and encourage him to change his agents. Specially if its putting his future in doubt with his current club if he is happy there. Realistically if Jorge Mendez decided to take a severe dislike to Florentino Perez and started demanding 150k for Coentrao or Marcelo or Pepe, I dont think the players would sit back and let their futures be ruined.

Similar to when you cant agree to sign a player due to his agent being a ****. You are the best club in the world, trying to sign a wonderkid but his agent has blocked all talks. Dont think the player would sit back and allow it to happen.

Another issue i have...

I saw a 16 year old Regen is a 2nd division Spanish team. He earns about £100 pound a week or something. Contract talks come up and he wants £40,000!

I offer him £20,000. Not good enough. SO i issue a "take it or leave it" and he tells me to stick it!

A pain lower down the pyramid too: I posted this rant on another thread a few days ago:

"We started in the Blue Square North with a happy, united squad - poor, but happy.

We've gone full time as we made it to League Two, but at this point the players' contracts are up for renewal AND they've all gone and got themselves agents.

...[T]he agents, as well as demanding stupid fees for themselves, are demanding pay rises of 5 to 10 times the original full-time salaries! I let the first 2 first team players go rather than meet their outrageous demands, but then I realised everyone was pitching in. I've caved into their greed (whilst negotiating the fattest managerial contract in the division!) and our wage bill has leapt from the lowest in League Two to the highest. This was only possible due to fortunate and prosperous cup run; hopefully we'll bag another in the three years before we have to do all this again. We got promoted again, but I am in the very realistic position of being hostage to wages spiralling out of control and relying on luck rather than sound financial planning."

I agree that wages have become really silly, and getting worse

One of my ex players, now 19 years old, who had only played a couple of games in his entire career when leaving the team after mine for £7M, is being paid by the AI, £76,000/week... thats just beyond insane, hell I even want his agent

Played twice for me, left for Serie A for £160K, played 1 game, 12 months later, off too Man City for the terms mentioned above, now on loan with CSKA Moscow getting some real game time

Sure, City are rich, but £76,000/week??? For someone who was 18 when signing... with 3 professional games in the first 3 years of his career

An option to speak to the player about their agent would be good. If the player likest he club and is happy I should be able to tell him the reason he's not getting a new contract is because of stupid demands. At least then there could be the option of the player sacking their agent in they think he's not working in their best interests. I'm sure IRL no player leaves a club he wants to stay at because he's been forced by his agent into demanding twice what he's actually worth.

Totally agree with posts here. What Mike J suggests is great. Managers must have a way to let a player know that we want him to sign and are offering good terms and that we feel their agent is being totally unreasonable. IRL managers let this stuff leak out. Why can't we?

Another issue i have...

I saw a 16 year old Regen is a 2nd division Spanish team. He earns about £100 pound a week or something. Contract talks come up and he wants £40,000!

I offer him £20,000. Not good enough. SO i issue a "take it or leave it" and he tells me to stick it!

It works the other way round aswell, Zlatan Imbramovich, at my AC Milan side, was on 200k a week at the age of 33. I liked him, was a super sub and his status was backup, his morale was high, AC Milan and myself were in his favoured list. I offered him a contract to see out the remainder of his career with us, he/his agent asked for 250k a week. I offered 150k (AS A BACKUP!!!!) he point blank refused. He went to Fulham for 18k (or 22k). He played 2 games and retired 2 years later.

I got an SI response of this isn't a bug, a 50k wage drop at current team is bad enough, but a 178k wage drop is nothing out the normal at another team when realeased and a free transfer. (He wasn't even on the free transfer list long, about 2 weeks)

The player taking a huge pay cut after being released is all down to a perception of reality at SI that in my opinion is based on a flawed premise, as many people have mentioned before in the absence of a 'you're not going to get a better deal elsewhere' option we are more or less stuck with the current system of players not knowing their real value.

Same with so many players when going the other way and get them to sign for my Liverpool team, and this has been mentioned by many. You have players like Yann M'Vila, Lassana Diarra,Stefan Jovetic and so on and on, demanding 5-600k a month from me and not budging, but then perfectly willing to stay on their 200k a month if I say no or sign for Chelsea, Arsenal or similar for 3-350k a month.

It works the other way round aswell, Zlatan Imbramovich, at my AC Milan side, was on 200k a week at the age of 33. I liked him, was a super sub and his status was backup, his morale was high, AC Milan and myself were in his favoured list. I offered him a contract to see out the remainder of his career with us, he/his agent asked for 250k a week. I offered 150k (AS A BACKUP!!!!) he point blank refused. He went to Fulham for 18k (or 22k). He played 2 games and retired 2 years later.

I got an SI response of this isn't a bug, a 50k wage drop at current team is bad enough, but a 178k wage drop is nothing out the normal at another team when realeased and a free transfer. (He wasn't even on the free transfer list long, about 2 weeks)

Archived