Anyone else having problems loading FM12 today (17/1/12)?

grrrrrrr! I'm staring at "connecting to Steam account..." (well I was til I came on here!) for the third time. The game just won't start. No problems logging onto my Steam account on t'internet. Haven't done anything to the computer since yesterday morning and now no game. Can't even find out if there is an update downloading like there was last time I had this problem. This Steam business is really peeing me off big time. Won't bother with FM in future if I have to run through Steam.

So why do you feel it is neccessary to go online with Steam each time you want to start up FM? It isn't. Put Steam in offline mode - problem solved. Mine is never online, unless when I know there is an update ready for downloading.

So why do you feel it is neccessary to go online with Steam each time you want to start up FM?

I always start steam, usually to chat to my friends through the Friends list while I am playing or if I fancy a different game other than FM after a bit.

I didn't know you could run the game in Steam offline. That would be handy. Is that only with the disk in? I think it may have been a Steam 'hanging' issue. But it's solved...for now!

Archived