Any other multi team managers out there? Am I the only one?

It seems I just may be the only person who manages more than one team in the same save. I would like to discuss a few points with anyone else who does multi manage. I feel that it gives a very unique picture of the match engine and gameplay overall.

I currently have seven managers- Man Utd(GLORY GLORY)also England manager, Australia, Newcastle Jets also Eng und 21's, Topedo Moscow, PAOK, Antwerp and IFK Hassleholm. I watch in extended and enjoy a long game. So before any ideas get tossed around, is there anyone else? And if so, which levels are you managing at?

Hope to here something soon. icon14.gif

hi no i also multi manage but not as much as you but i always manage a premier league team and an international team i feel that it helps make the game more enjoyable, i am currently at the beginning of an arsenal and ukraine save and have just missed out on euro qualification on the last day against france

I run 2 managers in the same save.

I generally start with a lowish league side, work my way up through teams to a decent premier team that i can build success with.

I then look at their feeder teams and take over one as from the same country.

In this game i have ended up as Aston Villa as my main team and Bristol city as my second team.

Villa were in the relegation spot when i took over, they are now the best team in the world.

bristol City were languishing in League 1, they are now battling for play off places ever season. So far they have lost in the play off finals twice, better look this season.

I used to manage 2 teams. Arsenal + 1 other in the lowest English division playable. Then Dafuge's Challenge was created, and I'd never done it again.

I do enjoy the though of managing more teams, it would make the game a lot more dynamic, and give you further enjoyment, so congratulations on enjoying your game immensely, with 7 clubs..!! (What an achievement, btw)

The only thing I found, though, with managing 1 big team and 1 small team, is the favoritism factor. I would end up pumping money into the lower league team, making it easy for promotion. If I was ever able to not do that, I found it a lot more fun.

i always used to do this, not done it on fm08 because there is so much to do with 1 team. i started with barcelona on CM 00-01 and 27 years later i was also managing real madrid, athletico, valencia, deportivo, valladolid, alaves, betis, sevilla, celta vigo & a few national teams. it was fun trying to get alaves into the CL, but i was obviously hindering myself at times.

i'd manage in 2 different nations on fm09 instead of starting multiple games.

i've actually started doing this a bit lately.

in my main game as liverpool i'm a bit tired of winning everything, so i've also taken over as Atl.Madrid trying to bring them some glory.

Also just noticed that one of my liverpool feeders (acrington) are being bought out so i might look at taking over them with a new guy too!

also, forgot to mention that my liverpool manager is also the italy manager and my madrid manager is also the paraguay manager!

Multi Managers is something I enjoy once the game has been out and gets stale to me.

I usually start with one club and one national side and eventually add a user to some of my feeders as I acquire them.

Currently I am in a long save with Salisbury City and 3 of it's feeders. Also coaching USA and Montenegro (they were doing horribly in Euro quals and I wanted to see if I could turn them around) Going to take over one of the promoted teams to Serie A if it's a new team up as well come summer of 2013.

I really enjoy multi coaching. Benefits my main by coaching the feeder teams. And I like the national team stuff as well.

In my past games I have always just managed Chelsea and normally after 4-5 years get offered a national team.

My last game however, I took over Valencia and after several years had a very successful team. After winning the Champion Leaque I quit as I was offered the Spanish national Team. Then low & behold Chelsea sacked their manager and I applied and was accepted.

So this game has been much more varied than any of my previous and also more challenging as for example, Chelsea are 15 points adrift (8th in EPL) so lots to do to get them back at the top.

I almost always have multiple managers. The occasional savegame I have the self-discipline to manage just one club, but usually I prefer more than one.

Back in CM 00/01 or CM 01/02 days I had upto 16 managers in one game and it took forever to play a season, but obviously I was taking my enjoyment out of each season with each club rather than long term success with any club.

That was extreme though - generally I have 2,3 or 4 managers. My current game I have been managing Werder Bremen and Fiorentina since the start of the game. Initially I also had a manager at Sampdoria, but he got sacked after 15 months and is currently at Sangiovanese, but in truth I've lost interest in that manager, holiday through their games and will probably just retire him soon. Yesterday I added a further manager though when Nuremburg sacked their manager and I felt I'd like the challenge.

Originally posted by Julz:

how do u manage a national team with the same profile as your club team? do u have to wait to get the offer or is there a manual way or am i just dreaming stuff up

you have to wait for an offer. you could start as a national team manager and the apply for any vacant jobs at the very start of a game, but they would most likely be lower league clubs. thats the only workaround.

how do u manage a national team with the same profile as your club team? do u have to wait to get the offer or is there a manual way or am i just dreaming stuff up

You have to start with one or the other and then apply for jobs, usually it will take a couple of years unless you start at a high profile club with a high profile manager reputation.

Offered England and appointed my other manager to 21's. Had the Cameroon job on my PAOK manager but an abysmal WC saw me sacked. Eto had a blinder icon13.gif. But yeh, my Man U manager has won everything going for 3 seasons straight.

Ty for the excellent response lads. To answer a few questions, yes it takes quite a while to play a season. And with Russian and Swedish teams there is no off season. Your always playing games every week all year.

I find it a great challenge going from team to team. Building different squads for different countries and conditions. Keeps me interested. Great game.

Interbational management isnt that hard to get into depending on your record. My Man Utd manager obviously dominates(TY SI icon14.gif), due to ranking. Some comebacks are insane. Just belted Arsenal 4-0 at home. Shut dwn and tackle hard on Cesc and hes screwed.

Anyway, yeh its awesome and i recommend it. And developing a youngster and watching his career develop afetr he wants to leave to a bigger club. Is also pleasing. And the biggest tip here is affiliates. For you big team managers with a Belgian affiliate. Thats an excellent way to watch your kids grow.

Antwerp are regulars in Europe, and are on corse for second consecutive title, with a bunch of foreign Man U youth. Bit cheaty but nothing too unusual. Pretend im Abromovich.

And im not short of a quid in RL, so I have a beast of a PC. Running all leagues, all divisions, and only leagues im in in full detail. Gives me plenty of room to move around and have a career. Reps grow a little too fast though. Any more multi managers?

Get into it lads you will love it, simply add another manger in Options and away you go. Ive done it since the beginning CM2. I used to have all the giants but that gets boring. Better fun building.

The Aussie manager just got the Matlock job in BSS, just up and they get a world class manager. Good for them. It is a video game after all. icon14.gif

i run 12 teams... ive always played around 8-12 teams in any fm season.. makes it more enjoyable , 1 season takes ages but its cool. all in blue star north/south leagues... when i play against another team i manage i just get assistant manager to pick. match details on fast. I have 11 league teams and China...still on first season though!!!

Archived