Advice on how to atrract better players.

Hello there, i am currently QPR and after 3 season of establishing and improving in the premier league i managed to qualify for the champions leage. Obviously to compete in the champs league and improve further in the prem i would like to sign a better cailbre of players, but i simply cannot even open negoatiations with such players. Any advice?

Obviously, you have to be a lot more successful than just qualifying for one champions league before the biggest names would even consider joining you. Even then they cost a fortune in wages which causes a bigger problem of debt so they are often best avoided. However, there are ways of getting player's that are good enough to play at the top without going to the big clubs. My advice...

1: Check regularly to see who is transfer listed. Better player's are more likely to be open to an offer from you if they are available.

2: Check who is running out of contract. They are often cheaper to sign wages wise if you let their old contract expire and you may get a big name this way.

3: Scout here, there and everywhere. 2 of my starting player's in my champions league winning team came from the German 2nd Division and there are lots of bargains out there if they can find them.

4: Scout any international competitions esp the age restricted one's like the under 20's world cup and Euro under 21s. You don't want to miss an amazing regen.

5: Check any offer's from agent's to see if their player is worth signing or not. 95% are dud's but now and again you will get a good player.

6: Check to see if QPR have a thread on the Good Player And Team Guide. You may find some advice on who is worth buying there.

as blackpool i got offered via agents van nistelrooy, seedorf, tymoschuck. all for free via agents, yes they are old (tymo isn't really at 33) in my second season (i got promoted to premier league and got into the europa leage.

collect decent newgens, (sends scouts out where you can). these players will be of some benifit if you can get 1 or 2 (they are big names so more money from shirt sales) and tutoring for your players. as well as giving a good bit of quality, yes as i said they are old but they will give you are good strong base.

now you have got into the champions league, so there is not much wrong with your squad already. and of course the players already playing in the champions league are probably happy where they are.

probably having a prefererd staff member/player would be a help, as would praising the player before declaring interest.

Archived