FAO makers of fm 2012

First all when are you going to get the compensation deal right.

It's crazy. Ben Mee for example will cost you 1.2 million

IRL that would be 500 at most over YEARS. If they (manchester city) haven't offered him a contract of the same amount or better than is current deal by April they wouldn't get any compo for him.

This really his a big problem in the game for me.

I don't mean that stpuid thing. EPPP/ also known has greed of the premier league.

I mean proper compo deals. player u 23/24 (think it's u24) decides he wants to not sign a new contract. If the club HAVE offered him a contract say in December that at is current pay or better than they would get compo.If they don't put a writen offer on the table they don't get any and other clubs can put offers in for him without paying anything.

Also the amounts are OTT.

If you've got instances of players going for (or not going for) compensation then you are probably best off reporting them in the bugs forum as I'm pretty sure the existing compensation rules are in the game.

Arguing against the amounts is a difficult one, since they are supposed to be undisclosed. I suppose if you've got information from a PLC (or somewhere else) you could put up a better argument.

I'm talking about the game. It's rubbish (well this part is). I offered a contract to Ben Mee on a previous game. I had to pay 1. odd million for a offer in june. I had him on the star so i would know if he got offered a contract by city. He's hardly ever if ever played for them. Ravel Morrison was talked about for 300,000 compo i he leaves manchester.

Barnsley HOPED for 1.5/2 million for Butterfield who's been picked in u21 squad. Captain of barnsley. 6/7 assists. 4/5 goals. picked in provisional Olympic squad.

palace got 700k for Bostock and he had played for palace at 16.

I'm talking about the game. It's rubbish (well this part is). I offered a contract to Ben Mee on a previous game. I had to pay 1. odd million for a offer in june. I had him on the star so i would know if he got offered a contract by city.

I'm not too familiar with the finer points of the rules, but FM must be using a simplified version as it does get quite complicated. Could it be that you need to offer him a contract after his current one has expired to avoid paying the compensation?

I'm not too familiar with the finer points of the rules, but FM must be using a simplified version as it does get quite complicated. Could it be that you need to offer him a contract after his current one has expired to avoid paying the compensation?

I think the point the OP is trying to make is the cost of the compensation for players is too excessive in the game. £1.2m compensation for Ben Mee is a bit of a joke. As the OP said, John Bostock, who was a Palace regular from 16 and had bags of potential for all to see only cost Spurs £700k in compo. Ravel Morrison is currently being touted at around £300k compo.

I think the point the OP is trying to make is the cost of the compensation for players is too excessive in the game. £1.2m compensation for Ben Mee is a bit of a joke. As the OP said, John Bostock, who was a Palace regular from 16 and had bags of potential for all to see only cost Spurs £700k in compo. Ravel Morrison is currently being touted at around £300k compo.

Like I said earlier, those fees are undisclosed so they are always going to be up for debate. It's the potential bug element that I'm interested in.

Like I said earlier, those fees are undisclosed so they are always going to be up for debate. It's the potential bug element that I'm interested in.

There isnt a bug as far as im aware. The feature works as intended. Or at least it does for me.

If the player in still in contract and you offer one, and his current club doesnt, you dont pay compo.

If the player is still in contract and you offer one, and his current club offers a contract of the same or greater value than his current one, but refuses and accepts yours, you pay compo.

If the player is still in contract and you offer one, and his current club offers a contract of lower value than his current one, but refuses and accepts yours, you dont pay compo.

If the players contract expires and you offer him a contract, no compo is paid.

They aren't always undisclosed but they are judged on a case by case basis by a committee so they will always be a slight problem for SI with trying to use some sort of formula.

Some examples from the Football League website:

Oscar Gobern

James Ryan

Kyle Bennett

Aaron Creswell

It's quite simple if you don't offer a player a contract april (could be may) you don't get a penny for him. In fm you have to wait until they leave the club in july to get them. Thats not right.

Contract negotiations and exit

Negotiations for a contract extension began in May 2009. Gosling declared "there's no other club I'd rather be at",[14] however no extension was agreed and his contract with Everton expired on 30 June 2010.[15] During contract negotiations Gosling was represented by David Hodgson, a solicitor and former professional football player.

On 6 July 2010 the Daily Mirror reported that the PFCC tribunal's decision allowed Gosling to leave Everton under the Bosman ruling with no compensation being paid by the club who sign the player.[16] The Daily Mail reported that the player earned £8,000 per week and had rejected a verbal offer of a £15,000 a week contract from Everton.[17] Everton were required to submit a contract with better terms than the existing contract to Gosling before the 30 May deadline to enable the club to receive compensation from any English club interested in signing Gosling. The compensation amount has been reported as being as high as £4million.

The PFCC tribunal based their decision on Everton's contract offer being verbally arranged and not in writing: had the contract been in writing the Merseyside club would have been entitled to compensation should Gosling have moved to another English club (but not to a non-English club) as he is under 24 years of age. The tribunal's decision also meant that Gosling's previous club Plymouth Argyle would receive no monetary amount despite a sell-on clause in Gosling's Everton contract.[18] As the playing contract expired Everton and Plymouth are also no longer entitled to solidarity contributions despite the player being registered with the clubs before he turned 23.[19] During the season Plymouth went into administration.

Cougar,

Thanks for those, perhaps the 'status of the two clubs' bit is bumping up the compensation for players from big clubs?

Either way, it seem odd that Gobern could be going for the same amount as Morrison (if that value is to be trusted).

Dan gosling was offered a contract but not on paper. That really doesn't apply in fm. But Newcastle could agree a contract in may/june without paying compo.

I don't think there are any guidelines as to when a contract has to be offered by.

Everton could have offered a written contract on the 30th June and then compensation would have been due I presume. They just make a mess of it by only offering a verbal contract.

If thats the case then there is nothing wrong with you having to pay compensation up until July - FM maybe presumes that the current club will offer a new contract unless the player is released.

I don't think there are any guidelines as to when a contract has to be offered by

I think they get until the third Saturday in May to make their offer, although I'm not sure this is replicated in FM. They might get until the end of the contract instead.

You have to pay compo until they are released.

Messes up your summer team build. If you can get your player in 1st week in june then you can plan. At times i you wait you have to wait until 3/4 week in july. If you don't get him you might not get a replacement in until mid august.

Archived