Injured players still performing at the same level

Having noticed this for a while now, I thought I'd post.

When in game and a player gets slightly injured or you slightly injure an opponent (meaning they can stay on but have the green medical sign above their head), I don't notice a drop in their performance. Yes their overall condition is lower, but I would have thought that the significance of showing a symbol above the players' head would create in game changes.

I would suggest that when this happens, the player in question receives a drop of stats, more notably in the 'physical' section of their attributes. For example: Player A gets injured and the green symbol appears above their head, but they play on. All their physical stats are now reduced by 5 attribute points.

Now I'm not sure if this definitely is the case - i.e nothing changes when a player gets injured, but it's not something I've noticed. Can someone clarify if something happens in game to the player when he gets injured but is allowed to stay on the field? If not, then surely something needs to happen. You can't have an injured player, playing the same as when he's not injured, can you?

Of course, this discussion might be totally worthless if I've just not noticed anything. :D

It all depends on the nature of the injury, if an outfield player suffers a minor cut or broken finger this will show as a green cross but neither injury should have any impact on their performance & in some cases the additional adrenaline produced to ease the pain of the injury could actually give a short-lived boost to the players performance.

Archived