What team has the power to get all the old dinosaurs?

Ok, I had a beautiful idea in my head of bringing Riquelme, Ronaldinho, Totti, Thiery Henry, Romario and any other old dinosaurs still in football manager together on one team and making one final run with them to European glory.

I tried being Napoli but once offers were accepted Ronaldinho and Riquelme didn't even want to sign there! And I imagine it would be impossible to get Totti out of Roma.

what team could I be that all these old dinosaurs would want to come play on it, and what's more can afford all of their overpriced bums.

This was inspired by the fact Riquelme is my favorite player ever and it's too bad he never won a Champions League title.

Also what are some other examples of once superstar footballers now plying their trade in some footballing backwater (NOT REFERENCING BUENOS AIRES WHEN I SAY THAT, I LOVE BOCA)

You could set it up in the editor at a current or custom club as a challenge for yourself, not having players under a certain age, give yourself a full squad and not buy anyone.

It takes discipline and a bit of effort but it would probably be the quickest of the ways. Just swap the club with a top European club in their own league then play that league. Should be a lot of fun if you have no one under 32 or 34 or something.

One way to do it would be to trawl through all the databases going back to 2005 (or as far as you can go), filtering out all players over a certain age ie just before retirement and above a certain PA or CA or both. From this you should be able to build a comprehensive list of all the top players recently retired (last 3-4 years) or still playing.

Archived