Is it impossible to make the max contract size your club can offer bigger?

Ok I want this guy Zarko Markovic, he is valued at 1.1 mil and on 1.1k a week wages at his crappy club. I'm red star belgrade, the pride of serbia but more important than that my wage budget is 92k a week and for the entire first half of the season I have only been paying 50k a week, leaving the board very happy with me.

The problem comes in offering Markovic a contract, he wants like 7k, now there are some players at my club already on those wages, not crazy. But the board only lets me offer him 5.5k a week and his agent wants 400k but I can only offer 150k.

Don't understand this, in first transfer window I was able to offer 7k wages and 400k+to agents now it is maxed out at 5.5k?

This guy is Serbian, 19 jumping 20 heading, basically a cheap Nemanja Vidic and he's help me compete in Euro cup. Why wouldn't the board want me to do whatever I can to sign him? Even after transfer goes through there would be a million left on the budget. Is there anything I can do to get the board to untighten the wage boundaries?

or set his contract to key player if you haven't already

also try locking his wages at 5.5 and agent at 150k and renegotiate the other remaining terms. who knows, if you're lucky, maybe he'll accept a hefty appearance/goals/TOTY bonus

last resort, get rid of some players to increase your wage budget. or if you have any veteran players over 30, try renegotiating a new contract with them with a lower salary. you can get rid of some high playing staff also

OP will not be able to adjust budgets now that the bid has been accepted, I'm afraid you're stuck with locking out the wage & agent fee in the hope that he'll ask for other add-ons to make up the difference.

The strange thing is that in many cases these extras will potentially make the contract more costly over the entire term but that's the way FM works at the moment, it's not right & needs changing or at least the introduction of an interact with board option during contract negotiations.

load a previous save and re-bid with 0 upfront and monthly installments :D

Personally I would consider that cheating but it could solve the problem, bid low enough to get a negotiated transfer fee & then ask the board to handle the deal.

i just canceled negotiations and rebid doing this. I was able to offer 7.5k but then he started demanding 11k instead, greedy *******. offered him 50% wage rises a year+ Highest earner clause and he accepted

ouch, i'd sell him in a season at most. you just shot yourself in the foot. no player is worth 50% yearly wage increase, not even messi/neymar/gotze IMO

Archived