[Player] can't handle the pressure

Hi,

I bought a promising striker (regen called Grant Hales) from Crewe as I progressed up the leagues, and he had the potential to be a good player in the Premier League. He did pretty good in League One and the Championship for a 18/19/20 year old, but now I'm in the Premier League and he just can't play well at all.

I dropped him for a large part of my first Prem season after he was playing poorly and my assistant said he didn't think he was handling the pressure of first-team football at the club (despite him being a starter in League One & the Championship). I brought him back for the last part of the season due to injuries and my sympathy, and despite not being prolific he did score some goals and played to a satisfactory level.

However, I'm now in October of my second Prem season and after three poor league performances and some very average games in Europe and in the cups my assistant has once again come to me saying he doesn't think Grant Hales can handle the pressure of first team football again. I don't want to sell him but I've got no idea how to get him playing well and don't want to let him rot in the reserves, so what can I do? His stats aren't amazing but they are good enough to make an impact in the league so I'm assuming it's his hidden 'Pressure' stat - how do I combat this? I desperately do not want to sell him :(

Archived