FM12 - unknown Kuwaiti manager, from Malasyia to become World Class ?!

Kaiser_Tottenham

Hellofirst of all, used to play LLM way, decided include several leagues, and a load of lower divisions, started the game in Nov. 2010 where Malasyia season starts ( oldest possible date ) as it's long term career. I started as Sunday League experience, unemployed Kuwaiti Manager, I've recevied some offers, but prefered to take a club which i can play games soon ( as the likes of England and Spain no games until July 2010 ) , with lowest possible point as a challenge, so i took Control [ Johor MBJB ] in 2nd tier division in Malaysia in 3.12.2010, just around one month before the start of the new season.

Johor MBJB

Johor_mbjb.png

season exceptation: fight for staying

they were expected to finish in the foot of the table 12th position, the board asked to stay clear from relegation positions, we started the season with a bid of fear, i've used 4-1-4-1 formation, in first 7 games ( i've not conceded a goal, we won three games 1-0 and draw 0-0 twice in 5 league games ) and even in cup, which i knocked in 1st round, we lost 0-1 1st leg and draw 0-0 in 2nd league. Little by little i've managed some signings, and give contracts to some 16 years players to make them as a cover, we managed to be top of the table until the last 5-6 games with aournd 5-6 points a hed, despite this, the fans were a bit worried with our style of football with 6 points ahead, but then my scouts explored two good players from Argantina ( one AM and other one stiker ) and both made difference to my style of football, we switched to 4-2-3-1 in last games, and improved and secured the title. ( wonder why it's not included as won a trophy in my profile ) Table

then i've decided to quit at end of the season 23.7.2010 due to financial problems with balance -100K ( are you Harry Redknapp LOL ) and desire to manage in my country or countries around like UAE.

Dover

آ

373016_208596614935_814610135_n.jpg

ot a lot of clubs were keen to take me, reject an offer one from 3rd tier from Sweden, too late to take something from that season, waited until 11.10.2010 when i named as new Manager for Dover, 6th tier club in England, they were League in week12 despite making around7-8 good signings including Francies Jeffers ( do you remember him ? LOL ), we are still struggling, i've lost 5 games until this moment, the first one from bottom of the table Staines 0-4, then 0-1, and three games ended with 1-2.with 17 games run from this season, now we are 22th bottom of the table, 6 games behind 19th placed to stay in the league, 21 points from playoff places with 29 games to go, it's possible but team form and expetation to challenge for title before the start of season could seal my first sack in Football manager since 2007 or 2008 i think.

will update this later.

cheers.

Dover

they started season 2011-2012 with exceptation to challenge for the title. Nicky Forster sacked in 1 October after poor start for the season, after 11 leagues games, they won just one game, with 9 points from 11 league games, 0.8 average points per game, and those 9 points gainted from 33 possible points, which means %27.2 of maximum points gainted, caretaker manager lost additional games, which mean Dover were 20th in bottom three before the arrivial of new manager.

I came to Dover and the team started so poorly, 7 defeats in row, including 0-4 in first day vs Staines (A) when they were at the foot of the table, and we started to win games by beating St. Albans in 3rd qualifing round in FA trophy, and high flying in Blue Square bet South 'Tonbrige' 4-0 in the following round, then the season looks so bright by beating Thurrock 4-0 as well but the team back to inconsisency and collected 18 pts until week 38 where the club relegated and Manager decided to throw the rest games to Asisstant Manager. ( 0.56 average points per game, 18 pts from 96 points, which means 18.75% maximum points gainted )

I've decided to put some youngesters in week 37 and week 38, and when the relegation sealed, i hold talks with the board over my wishes to stay and bring the club back to the division, they refused and asked to wain until the end of the season, while i asked the assistant to stick with same team until the end of the season ( he lost three and won in the last game ).

Final Table PIC

it's my third relegation in FM in 7 or 8 versions, and this one looked the worst, as the first one with Bognor Regis were so poor and i was so inexperienced in 6th tier, as well as Droylsden from League two following two promotions in row and worked in very limited resources.

more details soon ...

• 5 weeks later...

after around 1 month in the game, i've been offered a job from my country Kuwait, Kazma (premier club), after their manager retired, their only season in the game was:

FA cup (least important cup) ; they knocked out from the groups round ( 2 groups, 7 for each) , they finished 5th with 8 points, 2 points less than the 2nd.

Crown Prince club (2nd importand cup) ; same FA cup system, they finished 1st with 16 points, then they managed to qualify from the semi-final (2 legs) and win the final (WINNER)

Prince Cup (the most important cup) ; it's Knock-out system, 1 game, they've been knocked out in the 1st round but to the best team in Kuwait Al-Qadsia.

Premier League: 3rd spot, 33 points from 21 games, 5 points behind the winner Al-Kuwait ( the 2nd best team in kuwait at this moment )

following this season, the club qualified to Arab Champions league ( a bit similar to Eroupean Champions league system )

Kazma

once i took offer, i think the club had around £4m and available salary 35K, they are paying around 20K per week.

# first season:

as usual, the season starts with all cups apart from Prince club.

i've decided to reshape the squad, it's needed some time, while doing this, time run out to improve such positions or find decent replacements for the ones who left the club. we were weak on CB, LB in the starting XI which forced me to use 3-5-2 most games during the first half of the season.

as a results, i've been knocked out from the first round in Arab CL, i needed to win the last group game by 5-0 at home, we missed a lot when it was 1-0 for us but ended with defeat 1-2, so 6 points behind 2nd placed, also the Crown Prince cup went well by reaching semi-final by the last game, we were leading 1-0 to 85' vs Al-Qadsia in 2nd leg, they secured a draw and we lost in extra time (2-3) , even thought the club expected to reach semi-final as enough achievement but failing to retain it's trophy.

The FA cup was just a 'mesh-mash' mession, i stick with poor teams as it's fixtures around Arab CL & Crown Prince cup, we finished 7th ( foot of the group ) with only 1 point.

I give myself a promise to do better in the league, we pushed for titile ( even thought we expected to finish 3rd ) , and we managed to be 2nd during most of the season with 1-3 points behind the winner, we gained 35 points and finished 3rd, same position with previous manager. New Promoted Al-Sahil won the league, their first title in the history !

during the league fixture, the Prince Cup played, and Al-Sahil won it as well, i've been knocked out from them in semi-final, 0-1 in xtra time, Unfortunately a possession 59% and 17 for 8 chances not enough to win this game.

the club paid around £1m for transfers, and recevied 300K in selling, more important to notice that i've brought the best defender from Al-Sahil in Jan. for 500K, 17 year old. Also we are paying £35K per week, which left the club to down to only £1m in balance, and be aware that 12 out of 14 clubs in kuwait don't have fans base and i was aware of this, so brought some players for cheap, just to trade and send them for 1 year loan and sell in the following season, and struggled with some loans.

more to follow ...

• 2 months later...

2nd season ( Kazma )

- Federation Cup ( least important cup ) : knocked out in group stages by goal difference to Kuwait ( 13 points from 6 games )

- Crown Prince cup : Winners

- Arab Champions League : top of the goup in group stages, but knocked in the following round.

- League : was chasing the leaders in last 6-7 games, good results vs top clubs and we were leading the table until the last 2 games, we lost the last two and finished 4th :mad:

- Emir Cup: lost in Final.

after the season finished, i resigned.

Gamba Osaka ( 1 and half year )

they were in 2 J-League for the third season, i took over from week 13 following the resignation of the their manager to take over Japan U23 job.

# We won the league in the final day ( 1st season ) ..

# in the 2nd season, the target was to finish in Mid-table position, we made good start in the first ten games, but suddenly we fought for relegation, escape only in final day following 1-1 Draw vs Jubio ( who relegated and needed a win to send me back to J-League 2 ) .. Jubio were also new promoted in this season.

- Won League Cup.

- lost in Empror Cup Final ( prevent me from CL football next season )

- The club balance was around £1.5m when i took over, and £7.5m when i left.

during that period, i accept a job from my Country Kuwait, just 3-4 days before World Cup Quals (Asia) 2nd round, sadly the draw was vs Australia, we lost both ties 0-2 (H) 2-4 (A) and in both games i've a player sent off in the middle of the match. I made some friendlies vs the top ranked national teams and all ended with defeats:

top ranked Nigeria 0-1 (H) - Uruguay defeat 0-8 - Cameroon (H) 0-2 (A) and Italy 2-6 (A).

Next Year friendlies Holland in March, England in June // WEST ASIA FF Championship to play in Sep. 2015

at the end of Japanse season, i've applied for Southampton job ( as i like them ) , they are in the Championship, the board reacted angerily to this and asked for my resignation ( as i did it before to other club ) , this time i didn't apologize as i did in the first time, as the season finished.

Southampton bid was unsuccessful, i've three offers in the same division within 10 days, Huddersfield, Norwitch & QPR, i've asked the first two to delay decision as i've set my sights on QPR.

Q.P.R

on 22.12.2015 i've been named as new QPR manager.

the club target to reach playoff places. League table when i took over : click here

I've noticed that there are 39 scouts from 6 advised, surely i need to reduce that LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

Q.P.R

since taking over after 21 games, table was link

we fought for 4th, 5th & 6th spots within a few games, and until the end of the season.

the club secured playoff spot, we managed to beat Wigan 3-1 (H) then we lost 1-3, but goal in extra time put us in the final, were we beat Fulham at Wembley 2-1.

following promotion, he is the update until this moment

24 players in ( 2 on loan ) worth £23M, and same number of players out ( 10 out for loan ) for £14M ( details of the transfers )

Tour made 3 weeks in Holland, plus 2 friendlies at home, all managed by Assistant Manager Jermaine Defoe ( was here before my arrivial )

played 2 league games, 1 League cup game, and fixture details here.

Still Managing Both Q.P.R & Kuwait National Team :

Q.P.R:

played further two games in League, draw (1-1) with Stoke (H) & beat my favourite team Tottenham (1-0) away from home.

Now we are 4th after four games ( early October ) , with 8 points. It's nice amount of money since we played away Liverpool & Tottenham.

the balance now 300K, looks like i could have financial problems latter, and I've also pre-agreement with Man United for CM Paul Pogba £4.8M would be payed in next 48 months.

Kuwait National team

images%5Cstock%5C1234EUTUQGJMGOYHPMPPBDSBGABJ.gifFull results until this moment : click here ( 2 merged pictures to insert all results in 2 years - 2015 and 2016 )

Took over around days before Quals 2nd round for World Cup vs Australia games, so i didn't pick the final squad, in both games i've a player sent off !

worked on very touch friendlies at the start of my era, wanted to see which tactics could work for me, we struggled to create chances even, lost so heavily at Uruguay 0-8, little by little we improved and managed to score vs the like of Italy 2-6 (A) & Holland 2-4 (A) .

It was good way to prepare for West Asian Football competition.

We won the group, by beating Iraq and Lebanon, but we lost heavily (2-8) to Iran (N) were i've so early red sent off, we were close when it was 1-2 at the start of the game we missed golden chance for 2-2 at first half, but then it seem each chance for Iran lead to concede a goal.

considering resignation, even thought i hate to quick without decent achievement !

Mid season in the 1st season in EPL

0,,10373~2842780,00.jpg

League Table - fixture - Transfers - Squad - Finance

Transfer Stories / Best Players :

GoalKeepers : Chilian Miguel Pinto for free 32 year old was our goalkeeper when we were in the Championship, we was 3.5 or 4 when i came but we decided not to renew his contract due to wage demands etc.. so i've signed Perin for £2.4m from Almeria, picked as No.1 GK instead of Charrier , who was signed for free, despite coaching staff all said he is a bit better now and have better potential in the future. Both joint in summer, as well as Stockdale who is also good but we temped to take him as 3rd option since he was available on free.

Defenders : When i came to the club last season, we were really short at the back with, Bosnian Goran Drmic 29 year old as RB, experienced Bulgarian CB Bodurov, who can accompilish several positions like SW and RB, as well as trained later for LB. And Austrian CB Dragovic , but not good enough choices at LB at all, the backup were Anton Ferdinand here is losing his ratr from coaching star since not being picked since taking over. We worked so hard to offer him in part of exchange or agree termination since he is getting 40K per week, but no takers & he rejected all offers until this moment. James Chester seen more option as backup when needed, that's why we trained him as LB.

so we signed one from Poland 17 year old Ciason, as backup for RB, But TWO players for LB, the first one on loan from Poland Zurek, 19 year old, played only 6 appearances as the younger 17 year old Gavin Breen signed from Crewe for 100K played around 14 games as LB in the championship.

In a time we scouted for LM, we discovered young croatian talant Matesan also can play as WB L as natural position, signed for £1.4m, so at the end of the transfer window i took Romanian right sided player Lorincz on loan from Newcastle ( only WB R his natural position ) , so a couple of 2nd halfs we switched from 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 to Fullback systems 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 and we played a lot better at that, and changed some games as well !

In summer following pormotion, both of Zurek & Lorincz signed on permanent deals, Zurek for 600K & Lorincz for free as his contract expired with his parent club, we sent Gavin out for loan to Crawely, with Zurek rotated with the new arrival of Matthew for free, he lost his natural position as LB ( he had that ability when signed ) because we switched him on RB when new signing seamus Coleman as suspended or rested or switched for RM when needed. Coleman signed for £3.6m from Tottenham.

As for CB, the CBs relegated to backups since I've took Williams on loan from Man City with future fee of £6m, also Wheater signed on loan but from Tottenham, future fee agreed for £2.2m.

Last days in transfer window ( Jan. - Mid season )

I've decided to cut wages and expending for unused players, Zurek sold for 600K and Dragovic loan out for 500K for Osasuna, this cleared two players for £1.1m and around 22K wages, and we took Ogbonna on loan for the rest of the season from Juventus for the same amount of wages, as he can play as CB or LB, this helped us to help our balance for £1m. Coaches rate Ogbonna as better than Zurek when he was here, with Gavin recalled to be his backup for LB. Matthew will be rotated with them as well.

Surely there are investment in other positions, but willing to talk about other position next time, with further matches played.

Archived