Surprise... Surprise...

Hi there,

Just wish to share my surprises.

I'm in the month of October of my third season. Guess what, big nations such as England, Portugal and Holland are missing out on 2014 World Cup. Spain and Italy have to go through play-off. These surprise me alot.

Besides that, i did an experiment out of curiosity. I placed Josep Guardiola to take charge of QPR (no offence to Barca and QPR fans). I gave him a hefty transfer kitty and bank balance. Sometime in February, he was fired. Then he took charge of Malaga. The team is under-performing. These surprises me alot cause in real life, he did extremely well with Barca and even Barca B. However, in FM2012, he's not an invincible manager afterall.

Hmm, care to comment..?

Thanks.

QPR doesn't have Spanish players. You can't expect Guardiola to implement his tactics with a bunch of British players lol.

Traditionally big international sides perform very randomly in FM, so I'm not surprised they struggle and miss out on the World Cup.

QPR doesn't have Spanish players. You can't expect Guardiola to implement his tactics with a bunch of British players lol.

Thanks for sharing mate but in my game, he does speak English. In my current season, ie 3rd season, he's managing AC Milan and they are in position 6th in the table after playing 6 matches with 3 wins, 1 draw and lost twice. By the way, he also speaks Italian in my saved game.

Thanks for sharing mate but in my game, he does speak English. In my current season, ie 3rd season, he's managing AC Milan and they are in position 6th in the table after playing 6 matches with 3 wins, 1 draw and lost twice. By the way, he also speaks Italian in my saved game.

I think Athos was referring to the likes of Joey Barton vs Xavi and Jay Bothroyd vs Lionel Messi, rather than anything to do with language.

I dont think the comment was about him speaking English. More to do with the fact of how Guardiola likes his teams to play football. You cant expect QPR and/or typical British players to play that style of football. British style if more, in your face, kick you till you bleed type football. Spanish football is more tippy-tappy and technical.

Are you saying England, Portugal & Holland didn't even make the playoffs? Russia are in Portugal's group while Turkey are in Holland so its possible they didn't win the group but I would have expected them getting to the playoffs at least.

Spain isn't a massive shock as they are in the same group as France so one of those two will have to go through the playoffs. Italy though look to have a straight forward group so I guess Denmark or Czech Rep won the group.

Were the matches played on full detail?

Besides that, i did an experiment out of curiosity. I placed Josep Guardiola to take charge of QPR (no offence to Barca and QPR fans). I gave him a hefty transfer kitty and bank balance. Sometime in February, he was fired. Then he took charge of Malaga. The team is under-performing. These surprises me alot cause in real life, he did extremely well with Barca and even Barca B. However, in FM2012, he's not an invincible manager afterall.

Hmm, care to comment..?

Thanks.

Its not Josep, dont expect that part of the AI to be Josep. I fail to see the point of the experiment tho, you take the current Barca manager, where he has access to the worlds best players and put him in charge of a squad full of mostly championship quality players and expect him to do what?

I think Athos was referring to the likes of Joey Barton vs Xavi and Jay Bothroyd vs Lionel Messi, rather than anything to do with language.
I dont think the comment was about him speaking English. More to do with the fact of how Guardiola likes his teams to play football. You cant expect QPR and/or typical British players to play that style of football. British style if more, in your face, kick you till you bleed type football. Spanish football is more tippy-tappy and technical.

Thanks mate for clarifying. Really appreciate. :thup:

Are you saying England, Portugal & Holland didn't even make the playoffs? Russia are in Portugal's group while Turkey are in Holland so its possible they didn't win the group but I would have expected them getting to the playoffs at least.

Spain isn't a massive shock as they are in the same group as France so one of those two will have to go through the playoffs. Italy though look to have a straight forward group so I guess Denmark or Czech Rep won the group.

Were the matches played on full detail?

Yes mate, England, Portugal & Holland didn't even make the play-off. That's what surprises me. In fact, the 9 teams which gained automatic qualification are Croatia, Czech, Germany (greyed team after the latest patch which i don't know how to revert back to the real team), Romania, Slovenia,, Russia, Greece, Montenegro and France.

All matches were in full detail.

Its not Josep, dont expect that part of the AI to be Josep. I fail to see the point of the experiment tho, you take the current Barca manager, where he has access to the worlds best players and put him in charge of a squad full of mostly championship quality players and expect him to do what?

Hi mate,

Thanks for the response.

Like what i said, it's only an experiment on wanting to know how well he performed in EPL with QPR. Like what i said too, he's been qiven tons of money to buy players. Even when he returned to his native country, managing Malaga, they're nowhere at the top four in my second season. Right now he's managing AC Milan and they are lying in 6th position after 6 matches.

In conclusion and i maybe wrong, FM2012 does not reflect well on the actual potential of real life managers.

It's not a huge surprise for England to miss out on a major tournament, they missed the last Euros after all, which should theoretically be easier to qualify for. Portugal only just scraped through for 2012 as well.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the response.

Like what i said, it's only an experiment on wanting to know how well he performed in EPL with QPR. Like what i said too, he's been qiven tons of money to buy players. Even when he returned to his native country, managing Malaga, they're nowhere at the top four in my second season. Right now he's managing AC Milan and they are lying in 6th position after 6 matches.

In conclusion and i maybe wrong, FM2012 does not reflect well on the actual potential of real life managers.

You were never gonna get an result from that. And besides, I doubt guardiola would succeed anywhere near as much if he was a manager of a team that didn't have messi and xavi and iniesta etc.

And you can't conclude anything after one measly test.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the response.

I do see what your saying, you would expect him to do better when you put him in that position, although its arguable to how good pep really is as a manager, right now he has access to some of the worlds finest who have been brought through a youth academy to play the style he wants, would he achieve what he has with another team?

Your probably right with your last sentence, FM doesnt really reflect managers that well ingame, but i have seen Pep take over United and become a legend dominating European football in previous versions.

Giving a club a good manager and lots of money doesn't help much in FM, as the club reputation will still prevent them buying any quality players. They will have to settle for the best of the rest and establish themselves as a PL team to increase their rep sufficiently.

I do see what your saying, you would expect him to do better when you put him in that position, although its arguable to how good pep really is as a manager, right now he has access to some of the worlds finest who have been brought through a youth academy to play the style he wants, would he achieve what he has with another team?

Your probably right with your last sentence, FM doesnt really reflect managers that well ingame, but i have seen Pep take over United and become a legend dominating European football in previous versions.

Indeed milnerpoint, in a way, i do agree that Pep did well currently simply because he has seen through the squad since the youth system. On hindsight, i am happy to note that he did well with MU on your previous saved game. Thanks for sharing milnerpoint.

Giving a club a good manager and lots of money doesn't help much in FM, as the club reputation will still prevent them buying any quality players. They will have to settle for the best of the rest and establish themselves as a PL team to increase their rep sufficiently.

Indeed Kenco, club reputation do play an important role in a club success. Thanks for sharing.

You were never gonna get an result from that. And besides, I doubt guardiola would succeed anywhere near as much if he was a manager of a team that didn't have messi and xavi and iniesta etc.

And you can't conclude anything after one measly test.

Yes aderow, he might and might not succeed if he doesn't have Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and the likes in real life. It has yet to be proven. As for FM2012, based on my too short an experiment, he has not succeeded. However, as what milnerpoint stated, he did very well in managing MU in his saved games.

Thanks for sharing.

Archived