Manager mind games

Just had an interesting thing happen. In the lead up to match v Arsenal a reporter asked me to comment on Wenger regarding a question put to him in the press conference. The question was about the upcoming managerial duel and his opinion on me, to which Wenger responded, I was one of the nicest guys in Football and we get along really well.

Well this was all news to me, given he has never said boo prior, and, I am thinking that this is pretty cool, Wenger thinks I am alright. Yet when I checked his profile, it states he has a poor opinion of me. So I figure good ol' Arsene is messing with my head and trying to get me all soft and mushy going into the match. Possibly if I respond in kind it would only motivate his players more and or just annoy my own.

This is a first for me, as I generally find that if another manager has anything nice to say it also is reflected in their profile, as was the case with SAF. After trouncing me 5-0, he said something about being gracious in defeat, and his profile was felt we could become friends.

Anyone else had some mind game trickery tried upon them

I tend to ignore anything other managers say, for me this area of the game does not work properly.

I can't help laughing when managers frequently criticises my side for not creating enough chances after we wallop them 4-0 with 15+ attempts at goal or how they always applaud my ability & attitude when they put my lads to the sword.

Manager mind games were a nice idea when SI introduced them but it has become a forgotten aspect of the game.

True, was thinking that also, that there is a lack of banter amongst managers. FM11, I remember getting a fair amount of criticism, putting the ball in the net instead of placing, and the plaudits of, passing was a joy to behold. To date though nothing as such in this version

Archived