Holy mommy, 137 days ?!

Before I begin, I've done 20+ seasons for both Norway and Sweden clubs. Therefore, I am quite used to having a big break between seasons. (This is due to the colder weather.) But the break season has never exceeded 90 days.

I figured I'd give Denmark club a try, so I did. I began in tier 2. The whole season is consisted of 26 matches and began in July and ends in next year's July. I figured 26 was a little too small for a whole year but break between matches were only 3 / 4 days. I thought the fixture was in rush. (but never bothered look at the full fixture list.)

By late November, Bam ! I saw this.

137days.jpg

Freaking 137 days of ... break. :eek:

Pitches in Denmark are very poor. Especially in the lower leagues, and it is simply not possible to play on many of the stadiums when it is raining/freezing. Also, there is a law (at least where I live) that forbids pitches to be played on between November and March due to them being damaged beyond repair otherwise.

Yeah, I know, but I didn't expect 137 days. More like 90 days like Norway and Sweden.

The biggest downfall of Norway & Sweden fixture was that, during big international competitions, my key players would go missing for 5 straight matches during middle of seasons. I hated that and caused my clubs to go down. I countered that downside with strong reserve (For Sweden) / B team (for norway).

And during the 3 month break, I went nuts with friendly matches, tours, and experiments.

But 137 days... 4+ months... is stretching a bit.

Norway and Sweden's season fixture runs from March to early December. If you are, however, involved in Europa or UCL, you pretty much run your team for whole year non-stop in FM. I doubt it would happen in real though.

But I do get first /second knockout stages in middle of my break period and have been able to deploy my best fit squad which helped to beat Man city few times, but never got past Man UTD (as Åtvidaberg FF) .

For my 20+ season with Åtvidaberg FF, I won UCL 2 times. It may be only 2 times but considering quality of the league, it is a big achievement.

Norway (I managed Follo FC) has it easier due to 4 times more league money, and I won UCL 6 times and even beat Man UTD twice during knockout stages for my 21 season save.

Norway has more strict league rules while Sweden league rule was like the Wild West.

It's like that in Russia as well where the season takes a break from the end of November to March. I like playing in Russia, but I'm not a fan of such long mid season breaks as it means I have to play another round of friendlies like in pre-season to get my players match fit, and I hate pre-season.

Just looking at the scheduling of matches in FM. The break last from the 12th of November to the 31st of March..

I looked at DBU's (Danish Football Association) website and the calender there matches this.. It's a month longer than the highest tier in Denmark :)

Archived