liverpool stadium

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know if the recent announcements by the City council will be reflected on the new game? Always have trouble expanding Anfield on the game, but with this new announcement it should be easier to get it up to around 60k if you have the money...?

Does anyone know if the recent announcements by the City council will be reflected on the new game? Always have trouble expanding Anfield on the game, but with this new announcement it should be easier to get it up to around 60k if you have the money...?

I would expect the expansion potential to be changed for the Jan update now, I am pretty sure it has happened too late in the day.

I would expect the expansion potential to be changed for the Jan update now, I am pretty sure it has happened too late in the day.
Looks like it'll be another Dalglish stadium being built then! Although i once got them to build a Suarez stadium as well.

Thought they might be able to tweak little things up until the last minute, especially via steam updates.

when do liverpool get thier new stadium and what is it called

They dont always. They have expanded Anfield on my save and I am in 2043.

Gutted is wasn't my name but there we go!

After a year at the club its hardly going to happen really is it.

As you know SRL, I'm in 2030, and in my save they haven't even expanded Anfield.

To go off on a tangent, they also have a coach called Matthew Busby. Hmmmmmmmm.

To be honest, they didnt start expanding Anfield until I left the club, and that was in 2029. I asked numerous times, but the board refused.

Regens never fail to amaze :thup:.

I dont think its a forgone conclusion yet is it? They still need to kick people out of their houses before they can expand the stadium, im sure all of those people will be delighted and willing to just move out without a fight....

Some of the houses nearby are boarded up. Certainly behind the main stand where they are planning redevelopment. I am sure that will come as a surprise to you. Means they will just have to buy them off the Council.

Does anyone know if the recent announcements by the City council will be reflected on the new game?

Data input was cut off nearly two weeks ago so no.

As for residents fighting the move, compulsary purchase orders are given out and there isn't a great deal that can be fought. Hopefully they will be well compensated though.

I dont think its a forgone conclusion yet is it? They still need to kick people out of their houses before they can expand the stadium, im sure all of those people will be delighted and willing to just move out without a fight....
Most of the houses qffected are already empty, particularly at the back of the main stand.

I have had Anfield expanded on the game before but it's never by much. On my current game it's being expanded, will have a look how much by when i get on the game again this evening.

Personally i'm not to keen on it when they name a stadium after me!

Most of the houses qffected are already empty, particularly at the back of the main stand.

I have had Anfield expanded on the game before but it's never by much. On my current game it's being expanded, will have a look how much by when i get on the game again this evening.

Personally i'm not to keen on it when they name a stadium after me!

Change your name to Ann Field.

Something needed to be looked at regarding stadium names because they were becomming far too common.

i agree srl, spurs always seem to move in the perryman stadium on my saves. now not to knock steve perryman (am old enough to remember him playing :( ) but thinking if spurs were going to name a new stadium after an old player/manager....steve perryman? as spurs stalwart he was, and maybe a legend to some spurs fans?.... always makes me smile

I don't mean whether it'll be pre-programmed in as a definite occurrence (i'd hope not anyway as this is gonna be a several years away!).

I mean whether the option will be there to expand Anfield more than usual - i.e. to 60,000+ - before the council refuse planning permission.

Spurs is always the Perrryman Stadium on mine too. It's kind of unrealistic that they're always named after legends, but i suppose it gives the option to get a stadium named after yourself.

Be good if they added a bit more realism to this part of the game.

Archived