Not into FM12. Please Help

Since getting this game i thought i was going to love it but its too hard and really too much in the game, im not winning as much, plus i dont know what tactics or setting to really use to mix things up as i have always since the 07 game played with classic tactics. I personally never favoured the new settings. Can anyone give me some kind of motivation to play this game. I havent played it for about a month now.

Have a look at what managers do, and what they try, in real life football, and use the tactics creator to translate those formations and styles of play into your football manager game. Don't get so worried about winning, set yourself challenges that you think are tough but achievable for your club and the level you're playing at, and enjoy the drama when you're getting close.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294032-Tactic-developed-specifically-for-patch-12.1.1-Great-Results?p=7487949#post7487949

Take a look at how this tactic plays and adapt your style of play to it.

I usually play a 4-1-3-2 formation, I adapted it to 4-1-1-2-2 With AML and AMR, it works pretty well.

Alternativly try

Regional Databases Thread

or

Editors Hideaway to find new databases or

Challenges Sign-Ups and Experiments for new challenges

analyse, consider your players attributes and think logically when making tactic, and don't change it too often - players should learn tactic before showing you good perfomance.

Also note although its a game you can't always winning, just as irl.

Thanks guys. Its just that i have has so much success using classic tactics just using those flickers in matches that i never need to create a tactic. I just dont want to go too advance in tactics like some people as i dont understand it. Plus the coach used to help me in the last game with tractics regarding who playing slow tempo or playing wide width. But i cant get that help in this game. Plus i dont get what the match prepration option is before the match, i just usually play attacking movement.

I made a great tactic using my old standard of play from the last 4 FM games, this is the 1st year I have used the tactic creator and I found it fantastic!

For this patch my tactic did not work as it was very central in its focus, now having and using attacking wingers in AML and AMR positions sets up lots of scoring opportunities, I have scored over 100 goals and I am about 3/4 of the way through the season, 86 being in the league along after just 30 games.

Download a (classic) tactic from the tactics download section and compare with your own. What are they doing differently?

I have a few principles that I try to adhere to:

As few "extreme" player and team instructions as possible. This allow players to decide for themselves what the best option is, enabling flowing football.

Mentality around 13-16 for the whole team. This makes the defenders aggressive and the strikers quite calm in front of goal.

Defensive line and closing down roughly the same, except when pushing up - then the midfield and attack should max out closing down.

Width around 15 when pushing up, the more defensive the narrower.

Slow tempo. The quick attacking moves will come regardless of this, so playing a quick tempo is unnecessary.

Passing in the mixed range. Around 13-15 for creative players and full backs, 7-10 for less creative players and centrebacks.

Found this thread, hope mods can tell me why isnt this thread under me name. Anyway i done what some users have said, started a new game with real madrid and have used the tactics creator but even after doing that im still losing often just like with classic tactics. I dont know why im struggling with a top team on FM12, as i have always done great and have had alot of success with them from previous versions.

I didn't play the game for near on a month for some reason also. But last week I turned it on and decided to just have an enjoyment game with one of the big clubs. I decided to go with Barca and so far after 2 and a half seasons I feel like I'm starting to get back into like I was when it was first released.

What sort of teams you managing? I would suggest managing one of the big sides like I have done to get to grips with the game again then when you feel you have the will power to do a long career game then start one, that's my plan anyway.

Found this thread, hope mods can tell me why isnt this thread under me name. Anyway i done what some users have said, started a new game with real madrid and have used the tactics creator but even after doing that im still losing often just like with classic tactics. I dont know why im struggling with a top team on FM12, as i have always done great and have had alot of success with them from previous versions.

What reputation did you start with? Personally I think starting at a lower level with less expectation would be an easier starting place. I am a Leicester City fan and as such always start with them and this year they are extremely easy to play with imo. A decent squad and good funds to improve key areas makes it easy to challenge for promotion. Also the board expect only a top half finish IIRC so it is easy to keep club confidence and player morale up.

I'm sure if they don't tickle your fancy you could find a lower half prem club with a bit if cash. Newcastle United maybe?

Well im playing with real madrid atm. Like i said before i have played with big teams on other versions of FM and have had great success and even became greatest manager of all time. But now im starting to lose again even with the tactics creator, just like i was with the classic tactics. Im getting more annoyed now, not sure whats happened to me, have i got crap or something. Im no football nut but am a fan and do know what tactics to use. This is the first FM game since probs FM07 im not playing alot, just because i keep losing especially away from home.

BTW some of my threads are not listed on "started threads" why is that.

BTW some of my threads are not listed on "started threads" why is that.

I cant find mine either, I guess its not listed by date order, either that or there is a delay on it. Whatever I really would not worry about it.

When away from home be a little kinder with team talks, dont ask too much initially and try and hold a lead from earlier in the match once you get one.

im playin 451 atm as 442 was giving me loses. Plus i am playing with the tactic creator for the first time but the problem is im still losing or not winning alot away from home. I would like to go back to classic tactics but i have had problems with classic tactics. Man how hard is fm12.

Well after the first season with madrid i did good winning the champions league and spanish cup. But in my second season im struggling again, losing away and even at home. After playing for an hour i turned it off ARGGGG. Why cant i love playing this game all the time like previous versions where i had so much success. Even with the tactics creator just like classic tactics im still struggling. FM12 is so different and hard. I have tried different formations and 451 suits me due to the amount of attacking players. What else is there to do.

i dont really do individual tactics as i find it difficult or confusing. I just focus on team instructions. Either way i just cant consistently enjoy the game, even though im playing with a big club. I dont know why im struggling as im trying different things, and doing as much as i can from my knowledge but doesnt help.

i dont really do individual tactics as i find it difficult or confusing. I just focus on team instructions. Either way i just cant consistently enjoy the game, even though im playing with a big club. I dont know why im struggling as im trying different things, and doing as much as i can from my knowledge but doesnt help.

I don't think just team instructions will be precise enough to build a balanced tactic.

Well after the first season with madrid i did good winning the champions league and spanish cup. But in my second season im struggling again, losing away and even at home. After playing for an hour i turned it off ARGGGG. Why cant i love playing this game all the time like previous versions where i had so much success. Even with the tactics creator just like classic tactics im still struggling. FM12 is so different and hard. I have tried different formations and 451 suits me due to the amount of attacking players. What else is there to do.

What did you select as your starting experience? Being a Sunday league footballer at Real Madrid could explain A LOT of your problems.

If you want to make the game easier, begin as a former international. Not my cup of tea personally as I like to start at the bottom and work my way up, much funner IMO, but we all enjoy the game in different ways.

Also if you want to finish at the top of one of the best leagues in the world, some understanding and commitment to tactics is going to be necessary.

Is the starting experience the diffculty of the game, if so i never knew. But i tnink im a preofessional. Also what other things do i do then apart from changing tactics and team instructions. Sorry but i know i was brilliant in other FM games, i won everything with the clubs i was with before and that was just me using classic tactics in those games and not advanced tactics. Im so angry and so annoyed with this game, i dont know what to do.

Is the starting experience the diffculty of the game, if so i never knew. But i tnink im a preofessional. Also what other things do i do then apart from changing tactics and team instructions. Sorry but i know i was brilliant in other FM games, i won everything with the clubs i was with before and that was just me using classic tactics in those games and not advanced tactics. Im so angry and so annoyed with this game, i dont know what to do.

Classic tactics -are- advanced tactics. It is the TC tactics that are simple. If anyone is to be of help to you, you need to provide more specific information than you have so far in this thread. "Changing tactics and team instructions" tells me nothing, really.

I need to know:

* What team are you playing with, in what season

* Which players you signed and sold

* What formation you are using

* A screenshot of the team instructions

* Screenshots of the different player instructions

* What you want the tactic and the players to achieve on the pitch, specifically

* Why the tactic should work in offense and defense, in general

* A screenshot of the fixture list with results

* A screenshot of the squad which includes the assistant's judgment of current and potential ability, av.r, form last 5 games, assists, goals, morale, condition and appearances

* Your teamtalk strategy, as you go into a specific match

Thats too many screenshots to give is it okay if i tell you instead. Also i always thought classic tactcis were simple and the TC was the advanced tactics. Like i said i have had major success in previous games with classic tactics but not on this game.

Thats too many screenshots to give is it okay if i tell you instead. Also i always thought classic tactcis were simple and the TC was the advanced tactics. Like i said i have had major success in previous games with classic tactics but not on this game.

I think the tactics in FM12 are more sensitive to changes than before. It is okay if you just tell me, but screenshots are very helpful because I can find the information I need by just looking instead of having to ask (and remember what to ask).

Archived