Clubs not signing managers

Like the topic says, in my current save I realized, that only the highest-profiled clubs outside my 1 playable nation (Germany) seem to sign a new manager, after the old one stepped down.

It affects the 4 view-only nations (Top division each), as well as the other ones. In France for example, only Olympique Lyon has a manager, in England it looks like this: http://imgur.com/H82zI

I didn't find any information regarding this via google or the forum search, so my question is, is this normal behaviour or should non-playable clubs sign managers in FM 2012? Maybe I missed to tick a box when I started that save or something...

I have come across a problem where too many clubs promoted to the lowest playable leagues are doing so without a manager, I'd hazard a guess that what you are seeing is related to that issue.

Will be worth posting in the bugs forum & uploading your save file for SI to have a look.

Why would anyone, ever, have only one playable nation?

I often do. I find that over time, just loading one nation creates a more balanced database than having a handful loaded.

There's an obvious bias in the database towards the one nation loaded, but if this is a small nation like NI then the big nations all have a nice balance to them later on.

Why would anyone, ever, have only one playable nation?

I do. If I'm starting in League 1 for example, I have the Premiership to League 1 loaded. When I decide its time to move to a different country, I load them to start during the next season.

Ok, just found out that in those inactive/view-only leagues, no staff at all gets signed beside those high-profile clubs hiring managers. Don't know if that's normal, but as noone here seems to really know the answer, I forwarded this to the bugs forum.

Archived