This would never happen IRL.

set the keeper to play as a sweeper, no doubt he was defensive hence his defensive positioning

However irl decisions would play a big part and I agree, If he ran he could have got there first. Out of insterest what is the decisions rating of the GK?

Unless the keeper is set to the sweeper keeper role with an attacking mentality he will never come out to clear up the ball, previously SI have said this is not a problem but hopefully they have now come to realise that such a stance has to change.

Unless the keeper is set to the sweeper keeper role with an attacking mentality he will never come out to clear up the ball, previously SI have said this is not a problem but hopefully they have now come to realise that such a stance has to change.

Yes it is extreme but if you give GKs defensive instructions with low mentality/closing down and you have a GK who isn't comfortable coming off his line then you will get this type of behaviour.

Yes it is extreme but if you give GKs defensive instructions with low mentality/closing down and you have a GK who isn't comfortable coming off his line then you will get this type of behaviour.

Give me a breake...This is not some second class conference GK, he plays for PSV and got a great mental stats so WTF?

Cougar are you joking! There is a difference between a rushing out keeper to one that stays on his line consistently even though it's obvious he'll get to the ball first! This is the problem, if i choose a sweeper keeper it really does create new problems but at least he'll come for those balls. IRL a goal keeper WILL be defensive but would 100% STILL come for those balls!

its not my keeper its PSV's, I am managing AZ.

He's rushing out is 8, its bad but its logic man, If I know it should be done so is he. And I am not a GK

This is unrealistic period. Stop defending SI and start demanding a good product for your money.

Cougar are you joking! There is a difference between a rushing out keeper to one that stays on his line consistently even though it's obvious he'll get to the ball first! This is the problem, if i choose a sweeper keeper it really does create new problems but at least he'll come for those balls. IRL a goal keeper WILL be defensive but would 100% STILL come for those balls!

I've seen it a million times in RL where they haven't at varying levels. Wet ground, ball not bouncing very high, some keepers are simply not comfortable at coming out of their box.

As I said that particular example is fairly extreme but by no means unheard of and I don't have an issue with it unless it happens with all keepers on a fairly regular basis.

its not my keeper its PSV's, I am managing AZ.

He's rushing out is 8, its bad but its logic man, If I know it should be done so is he. And I am not a GK

This is unrealistic period. Stop defending SI and start demanding a good product for your money.

I have no reason to defend SI and I believe we get a very good product for our money. Just because our opinions differ does not mean I'm defending SI.

"The CB's also need questioning in your video their positioning is terrible."

Yep, the defense also stood still like idiots.

But the GK was the real problem IMO

The CB nearest the camera is a bigger problem for me if he moved closer to the attacker then the GK would not have been in that position.

The defending and Goalkeeping in this years FM is very disappointing to say the least. The only times I've seen it Cougar is when the Keeper is 2nd favourite to the ball, other than that, when they are firm favourite to get there they will and are expected to. It's just bad form. A keeper would be slated for that!

I've seen this a few times, and in all honesty I've simply put it down to a very poor visualisation of the goal and the events leading up to it, rather than it being a bug or flaw in the actual match engine.

Eternal optimist ;)

I feel like the AI doesn't have enough common sense and the 3D representations doesn't help the situation.

There are times when a keeper does things like that. Times when the goalie could walk to the ball faster than the opposition striker can run and either chooses not go get the ball or goes halfway to the ball and then stops.

When I see things like this happen, I try to think of a justification for why that would happen because I know that the 3D animations don't always show exactly what is happening. Sometimes I can find a reason and its hard to swallow but I accept it but other times I just cannot find any justification.

Like when I watch an opposition player counterattack down the wing and watch my centerbacks jog back down the middle of the park even though they are not marking anyone. How could I justify that?

The way I see it, the AI needs the common sense to sometimes disregard their instructions in order to deal with an immediate threat in certain situations.

And about keepers, maybe its just the keepers of the teams I watch, but I have rarely ever seen keeper just sit on his line like that. Besides, he would be standing on his goal line if his team had a free kick on the other side of the pitch would he.

Archived