Glory, Glory, Andorra

Spurs_NZ

What I Am Doing:

I am going to have a go at one of the toughest challenges in the game; winning the Champions Cup with a team from Andorra using only youth products.

Why am I doing this?

After my FM11 game, I have found it hard to enjoy a team like I did in my FM11 career. Hopefully this difficult challenge will keep me interested and lead to a long career game.

Career Goals:

Main Career Goals:

• Win the Champions Cup with a team from Andorra
  • Use only youth products (NO signing of any other players)

Additional/Optional Career Goals:

• Take Andorra to the World Cup
  • Take Andorra to the European Championship
  • Win the World Cup and European Championship with Andorra

My Team:

I have chosen Penya Encarnada d'Andorra as my team. They have an estimated club value of only £2.5K, which is the lowest valuation in the whole country.

Penya Encarnada d'Andorra

Penya_Encarnada_dAndorra.gif

Nation - Andorra

Year Founded - 2009

Status - Amateur

Reputation - Regional

Nickname - None

Chairman Status - Loves the club

Legends - None

Icons - None

Favoured Personel - None

Fierce Rivals - None

Other Rivals - None

Finances - Insecure

Average Ticket Price - £2.00

Average Season Ticket Price - £11.00

Season Ticket Holders - 62

Estimated Value - £2.5K

Continental Competition - None

Media Prediction - 10th

Squad Personality - Fairly Determined

Facilities:

Name - Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall

Location - Aixovall

Capacity - 1800 all-seater

Stadium Condition - Very Good

Under Soil Heating - No

Roof - No

Surface - Synthetic (New Type - Soft)

Pitch Dimensions - Length: 105m, Width: 70m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions - Length: 114m, Width: 75m

Pitch Condition - Very Good

Corporate Facilities - Basic Corporate Facilities

Training Facilities - Basic Training Facilities

Youth Facilities - Minimal Youth Facilities

Junior Coaching - Minimal Junior Coaching

Youth Recruitment - Limited Youth Recruitment

Final Notes:

Wish me luck! I hope for this to be an enjoyable challenge, and a lengthy career. I hope all of you enjoy my updates and the challenge! Don't forget to comment!

Penya Encarnada d'Andorra - Andorran Second Division - 2011/12

Domestic League

League Table - Past Positions Graph - Fixtures

We were predicted to finish 10th this season and were pushing for the promotion/playoff spots but our form towards the end of the season was poor and we let any chance of promotion slip away from us.

Andorra Cup

Fixtures

We were knocked out in our first game. Probably a game we should have won, but this competition is not high on my priorities right now.

Miscellaneous

First Team Squad - Under 19s Squad - Finances - Transfers

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - João Bento (7)

João was already in the first team at the start of the season, and at just 15 years old there is a lot to come from this kid. He is already one of my key players.

Highest Average Rating - Álvaro Orellana (7.22)

Very consistent this season. Always there to create or score a goal.

Season      League              Position     Cup           Euro Cup     Champions Cup     Average Attendance     Estimated Value
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12     Second Division     5th          2nd Round     -            -                 441                    £2,500

Trust me, I tried to do an Andorra save. Managed a whole 4 seasons but the youth crop who came through and the lack of anyone who wanted to come to my club ruined me.

Still though, good luck. I'll keep coming back to have a look :)

Wow, going to be very tough. This is a hardcore challenge! Good luck!

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to the challenge :)

Penya Encarnada d'Andorra - Andorran Second Division - 2012/13

Domestic League

We had a media prediction of 8th this season, but after a very strong start to the season we found ourselves sitting top of the table at the half-way point. We continued this form and finished in 1st place earning us promotion to the First Division and a chance to challenge for european qualification!

Andorra Cup

Fixtures

I used the Andorra Cup as a chance to give my substitutes and youth players a start and they played well enough to get us to the semi finals and very nearly earned us a spot in the final.

Miscellaneous

Note on Finances - The board has consistently injected money into the club to get us out of debt and so this is the main reason for the large profits over the past two seasons.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Tomás Alonso Ruiz & Rémi Joly (7)

Tomás Alonso Ruiz was very consistent this season and also got the equal most assists for the club. Rémi Joly played most of the season as an impact sub but stepped up towards the end of the season when our first choice striker wasn't playing at his best.

Highest Average Rating - Álvaro Orellana (7.19)

Second season in a row that he has got the highest average rating. Had a few injuries this season, but made a noticeable impact when in the team. Equal top of the assists charts for the league and was equal top at the club with Tomás Alonso Ruiz.

Youth Prospects Watch

David Ubis (YP1)

Got his first start in the league this season and was always present on the bench. Played very well in the cup matches, especially the two games he started in.

Mathieu Denis (YP3)

Made some starts in a few competitions since signing in March and played very well in every game. Could become and important first team player next season.

Season      League              Position     Cup           Euro Cup     Champions Cup     Average Attendance     Estimated Value
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12     Second Division     5th          2nd Round     -            -                 441                    £2,500
2012/13     Second Division     1st          Semi Final    -            -                 404                    £6,000

March 8th - Youth Candidates

56Xgi.png

A better intake of youth payers this year. A lot of Defensive Midfielders coming through in this group.

I2gtg.png

ajQXn.png

Salvador Pascual has a lot of potential and could easily become one of the clubs best players.

Penya Encarnada d'Andorra - Andorran First Division - 2013/14

Domestic League

This season was always going to be a relegation battle, and now that we have managed to remain in the first division we can hopefully start to establish ourselves next year. We had a strong finish to the season by going 6 games without conceding a goal. Although during this time we only managed to score 3 goals and so that is an aspect of our game that we need to work on.

Andorra Cup

Fixtures

Again, the cup was not my main priority and we were knocked out in our first game.

Miscellaneous

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Gaspar Carvalho (5)

A very young player with some decent mental attributes. Hopefully he can develop a bit more next season and put away some more goals.

Highest Average Rating - João Bento (6.92)

Still a consistent starting player in the first eleven. He topped the assists charts for both the league and the club.

Youth Prospects Watch

David Ubis (YP1)

Has now established himself as one of the first players on the team sheet. A decent first season in the first division, hoping for an improvement next season.

Mathieu Denis (YP3)

Proved to be one of the better players in the defense this season. He put in some good performances and being able to play on either the left or right side proved useful. Has earned a few caps at U21 level this season.

Salvador Pascual (YP4)

Picked him up from the youth prospects this season and has started in every game since joining. Generally a very consistent player, I expect good things of him in the future!

Manuel Jesús Moreno (YP5)

Was given some starts and has already scored his first goal for the club. The first team experience appears to be helping with his development as well.

2012/13     Second Division     1st          Semi Final    -            -                 404                    £6,000
2013/14     First Division      7th          2nd Round     -            -                 448                    £20,000

March 8th - Youth Candidates

o1cwh.png

Not the greatest intake of youth players this season.

xKjwx.png

yuOzf.png

Some alright strikers picked up this year. Hernâni Simoes looks the better of the two and could get a few games under his belt sooner rather than later.

Penya Encarnada d'Andorra - Andorran First Division - 2014/15

Domestic League

Another tough season for the club. We again avoided relegation, although it was once again through the relegation playoff which we won 2-1 on aggregate. Hopefully we can get an improvement soon, otherwise relegation may become an unfortunate reality.

Andorra Cup

Fixtures

A decent effort in the cup this year.

Miscellaneous

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Gaspar Carvalho (6)

Highest Average Rating - Gaspar Carvalho (6.70)

A decent season from the young striker. A bit up and down all season, but performed better than most of the squad.

Youth Prospects Watch

David Ubis (YP1)

A pretty average season from Ubis.

Mathieu Denis (YP3)

A few injuries for Denis this season but played fairly well when available.

Salvador Pascual (YP4)

A decent season from the young player. Expect an improvement from him next season.

An up and down season for Manuel Jesús Moreno.

Hernâni Simoes (YP6)

Made one start and didn't perform very well.

Juan Miguel González (YP7)

Made 3 starts in the league and played very well, scoring 4 goals. There could be big things to come from this kid.

Season      League              Position     Cup             Euro Cup     Champions Cup     Average Attendance     Estimated Value
2011/12     Second Division     5th          2nd Round       -            -                 441                    £2,500
2012/13     Second Division     1st          Semi Final      -            -                 404                    £6,000
2013/14     First Division      7th          2nd Round       -            -                 448                    £20,000
2014/15     First Division      7th          Quarter Final   -            -                 438                    £14,000

Penya Encarnada d'Andorra - Andorran First Division - 2015/16

Domestic League

A very good season this year! We only just missed out on qualifying for Europe because of our goal difference. We scored the most goals in the league, but our defence let us down as we conceded the 3rd most amount of goals as well. This league position gives me some high hopes for next season. Can we finally qualify for Europe?

Andorra Cup

Fixtures

A good run in the cup this season. Only lost in the semis to the team who finished first in the league.

Miscellaneous

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Gaspar Carvalho (8)

A better season up front from the young striker.

Highest Average Rating - Jean-Yves Bousquet (7.06)

A consistent player this year. Contributed a few goals and some assists.

Youth Prospects Watch

David Ubis (YP1)

A pretty average season from Ubis. Managed to score a few goals though, which is pretty good considering he spent most of his time playing at CD.

Mathieu Denis (YP3)

A standard season from the young full back. Played in pretty much every game.

Salvador Pascual (YP4)

Played in every game for the club this season.

Played all but one game for the club this season. Also had the most assists for the club and the league.

Hernâni Simoes (YP6)

Started a number of games but only managed to get 2 goals. Not the greatest of season for him.

Also played a few games, only scoring 2 goals.

Carlos Ventura (YP8)

Nothing of note to say about Ventura yet. Hasn't made a break into the first team.

Season      League              Position     Cup             Euro Cup     Champions Cup     Average Attendance     Estimated Value
2011/12     Second Division     5th          2nd Round       -            -                 441                    £2,500
2012/13     Second Division     1st          Semi Final      -            -                 404                    £6,000
2013/14     First Division      7th          2nd Round       -            -                 448                    £20,000
2014/15     First Division      7th          Quarter Final   -            -                 438                    £14,000
2015/16     First Division      3rd          Semi Final      -            -                 465                    £9,000

Good work and good luck on a better intake and European qualification next season, will hopefully help that average attendance creep up :D

Hopefully! It's been very slowly increasing over the seasons. Almost like watching grass grow :lol:

Penya Encarnada d'Andorra - Andorran First Division - 2016/17

Domestic League

We have finally qualified for Europe! We will be entering the EURO Cup in the first qualifying round. A great season from the team this year, we challenged for the title, but just missed out and comfortably qualified for european competition. I look forward to the adventure next season will bring!

Andorra Cup

Fixtures

A disappointing performance in the cup this year.

Miscellaneous

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Juan Miguel González (YP7) (11)

Highest Average Rating - Juan Miguel González (YP7) (7.05)

A great season from González. He broke the record for most goals in a season at the club and was 1st= top scorer in the league along with 1st= for most man of the match awards and 3rd for pass completion.

Youth Prospects Watch

David Ubis (YP1)

A great season from Ubis. He held the defence together with a 7.04 rating for the season.

Mathieu Denis (YP3)

Another good season from the full back. He picked up a few more U21 caps this year as well.

Salvador Pascual (YP4)

A solid and consistent player in the midfield. Earned a few U19 caps this season.

A great season from the winger, scoring goals and getting assists and earning a 7.03 rating for the season.

Hernâni Simoes (YP6)

Started a few games, but was quite poor and didn't manage to score any goals.

A great season for the striker as noted above.

Carlos Ventura (YP8)

Played a number of games for the first team and did well.

Victor Ramos (YP9)

Nothing of note about Ramos yet.

Armando Gonçalves (YP10)

Nothing of note about Gonçalves yet.

2015/16     First Division      3rd          Semi Final      -            -                 465                    £9,000
2016/17     First Division      2nd          2nd Round       -            -                 492                    £9,000

Penya Encarnada d'Andorra - Andorran First Division - 2017/18

Domestic League

A very disappointing follow up to last seasons result. We played well in patches and ended up in the relegation playoff again. Luckily, we won and are able to stay up. I expect an improvement for next season.

Andorra Cup

Fixtures

Another poor performance in the cup this year.

Miscellaneous

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Rémi Joly & Gaspar Carvalho (7)

Highest Average Rating - Jean-Yves Bousquet (7.15)

Youth Prospects Watch

David Ubis (YP1)

Not the greatest season by Ubis' standards.

Mathieu Denis (YP3)

Another good season from Denis. Has always been one of the top performers in the defense over the past few years.

Salvador Pascual (YP4)

Another solid season.

A bit of an average season for Moreno.

Hernâni Simoes (YP6)

Had a better season than last time. Scored a few goals.

Had a very injury prone season, but played very well when available.

Carlos Ventura (YP8)

Broke into the first team this season and was very good in the heart of the defense.

Victor Ramos (YP9)

Still yet to get a first team game.

Armando Gonçalves (YP10)

Started his first game and scored his first goal this season.

Ismael Romero (YP11)

Got a number of starts but has yet to really do anything.

Season      League              Position     Cup             Euro Cup       Champions Cup     Average Attendance     Estimated Value
2011/12     Second Division     5th          2nd Round       -              -                 441                    £2,500
2012/13     Second Division     1st          Semi Final      -              -                 404                    £6,000
2013/14     First Division      7th          2nd Round       -              -                 448                    £20,000
2014/15     First Division      7th          Quarter Final   -              -                 438                    £14,000
2015/16     First Division      3rd          Semi Final      -              -                 465                    £9,000
2016/17     First Division      2nd          2nd Round       -              -                 492                    £9,000
2017/18     First Division      7th          2nd Round       1st Qual. Rnd  -                 503                    £45,000

vMf2P.png

I was quite surprised to have this happen to me. Obviously the board got some pretty high expectations after qualifying for Europe for the first time. I have to say that I am very disappointed that they thought sacking me was the right solution. I'm going to continue with this challenge with whatever team accepts my job application.

Unió Esportiva Extremenya

PVpgA.png

Nation - Andorra

Year Founded - 1994

Status - Amateur

Reputation - National

Nickname - None

Chairman Status - Loves the club

Legends - None

Icons - None

Favoured Personel - Fernando García, Enrique Pérez, Manu López Trincado

Fierce Rivals - None