Has anyone seen AI Clubs paying a % of a players wages so they sign for you?

More often than not if I want to get rid of a player who just hasn't performed midway through his contract the only way I can shift them is to pay a percentage of their wages until their contract runs out. For example Player A is on 30 K a week with me and has been offered 20 K a week by a Club who wants to buy them. But Player A will only sign for them if I pay him 10K per week until the end of his contract so he stays on the wage he signed his contract on. Rarely have I seen a player leave for less wages.

However if I want to sign someone I have never seen an AI Club make the same offer so they can come to me. For instance I am in 2015. Neither Samir Nasri or David Silva are getting a game for Man City. Both are still young enough and good enough so I put in offers of around 5 million for each. Had both offers accepted but Silva wanted 190 K per week and Nasri wanted an incredible 300 K per week which is way over my budget. City obviously didn't offer to pay any wages to allow them to move.

Maybe that example is in the extreme but I find it surprising that top players would rather rot in the Reserves and just take their money, (yes I know it does happen IRL) and also I just really have never seen an AI Club pay out a percentage just to get rid of them.

Does it happen? Has anyone experienced it?

Considering this 'feature' has been around for quite some time (in favour of the AI), you would have thought SI would have programmed it by now for us to at least ask the player to ask his current club to top up the wages in order to sign. As pointed out already, if you at your wage limit, there is no way (apart from the new lock feature which is useless in this situation) to tell the player that you would love to sign him but simply cannot afford to match his demands. This should then prompt the player to ask his club to pay a percentage so he can join you. The AI do it enough, why cant we?

• Administrators

That's a good point, I'm honestly not sure whether it's in the game that way around but it'd certainly make sense. Will have a dig around and see - it may be in just extraordinarily rare, thanks for bringing it up.

I saw it once on FM10, I signed Vela from Arsenal for Crewe and the news item saying he agreed to stay also said Arsenal would be paying him 15k a week until the end of his contract. I did post on here but cannot from the thread.

Thanks gents and Neil for looking into it. I was thinking earlier about it and I have a theory as to why it's rare. Nothing spectacular purely simply because I think human Managers try and offload their deadwood far more than the AI does. I think I brought it up before that a lot of AI Clubs have quite a few top class players still in their pomp who just sit in the Reserves. On top of Nasri and Silva both only in their late 20's I have seen a 29 year old Robin Van Persie, 34 year old Petr Cech and numerous others wasting away. And of course only very few can fork out £300 K per week in wages so unless they agree a massive pay cut they will just sit in the Reserves.

Archived