Too easy getting international manager job?

I am a quite lousy manager, but I prefer doing things my way even though I probably could be more succesful if I used other peoples tactics etc. :) But in my game, I got fired from 2 lower division dutch clubs and a bottom division english clubs. So far the job offers seemed fair enough, but then USA wanted me as manager for their national team!!

That ruined some of the realism of my game. I was even allowed to manage both bottom division english club and USA at the same time. I am not even US as nationality as this could ease my concern about this unrealistic offer a tiny bit

I guess other people have tried getting the bigger international job. I hope Sigames will fix this.

It doesn't look all that unrealistic when you consider some of the people who have been appointed international managers in the past years... People like Maradonna (for Argentina) or Domenech (for France) certainly hadn't done much to deserve those jobs. It would only be unrealistic if you could show that it happens more often than in real life - that it happens sometimes seems reasonable.

What's you past time experience? with International footballer experience it's easy to get any international job.

I start with automatic, so when starting with FC Zwolle in second level Holland, I really have no reputation to speak of. 2 sackings later, I am USA manager. :)

C'mon Maradonna an Argentinian legend taking over isn't unrealistic, but my experience in the game is that I finished 3rd, 3rd and then 5th with Liverpool in the premiership with no cups won. Started with Sunday league experience as far as I recall I know I chose the lowest setting and my reputation bar was at national and I landed the Argentina job...was later sacked after a year for a poor Copa America showing where I was beaten by Mexico in the group stage. Mexico went on to claim the third placed playoff and then sacked their manager before allowing me to take over the Mexico job.

Conclusion: my opinion is that I should never have been able to land the Argentina job let alone take over at Mexico.

Archived