international player interaction

I think when a player has two nationalities that he is eligible for I personally think you should be able to talk to the player to try and convince them to play for you and that they have a future with you rather than the other nation. Look at O'Neill and the NI job, he has said he would like to talk to a couple of the players who having been born in NI and played for NI youth teams have now switched allegiance to RoI but have yet to be capped. Or how about a player approaches you as the national manager and asks if they are in your future plans or not, would be quite good if a young English talent, say Frimpong, could talk to Mr Capello and ask whether he feels there is a possibility he could be selected and if the answer is probably not he might be less reluctant to take up the call from Ghana (I think this is the other country he is eligible for). I am fed up of 17/18yo who are clearly not going to make it for England saying they are only interested in a call up for England even though they would walk straight into the full squad for another British nation.

Also could it be a player comes to you as their club manager to discuss the choice they have.

Archived