Unable to sign scouts

Currently trying to overhaul my scouting network, and finding it near impossible to sign any decent scouts. I'm currently Newcastle in 2016 with a now Worldwide reputation, but still Steve Jones from Millwall in League 1 isn't interested in even negotiating a contract for scout (who does he think he is?!) - let alone any scout at Man U, or generally anybody with a National/ World Class reputation.

As I go to offer a contract the whole page is red, but the role role is shown to be 'Assistant Manager', even though the person that I am trying to offer a contract too has no Assistant Manager within his job roles.

I have sent out a Job Advertisement for scouts, but what comes back is truly dreadful. Not a single applicant has any scouting ability what so ever, and couldn't find their way out of a maze, let alone any talented youngsters in deepest darkest Peru.

What is going on, does anybody know what is happening? I have previously signed a few scouts, and released and terminated a few contracts as well; only thing I could think of is that these guys are scared to move to me in case they are just terminated a month down the line - although I find this very hard to believe that the game works like this.

Archived