Would you like to be interviewed for a dissertation about FM?

Hi!

I am a 3rd year journalism student and also a huge FM fan with my own fansite FM Obsessive.

My dissertation is about about FM, it's history (from CM) to now and how it has become MORE than just a computer game, but a way of life (for some).

I would like to interview (via email) 5 or 6 gamers, ideally from different parts of the world, about their experiences playing FM and how involved it is in the lives.

If you would like to be interviewed and be part of my 5000 word piece please email me at owhunter@gmail.com or reply to this thread with your -

Name:

Nationality:

Time playing CM/FM:

Something you think would be interesting about you for my piece:

Thanks.

Olly Hunter

Name: Chris Winterburn

Nationality: English

Time playing CM/FM: Since FM 2005

Something you think would be interesting about you for my piece: Talking about how much time you invest in the game and why you do so.

Name: Martin Hawkins

Nationality: Danish

Time playing CM/FM: Since CM1

Something you think would be interesting about you for my piece: Perhaps something about people who start supporting teams and maybe even travel (abroad) to see their matches, as a result of them playing with them on CM/FM

EDIT: Feel free to email me the questions at martin[NOSPAM]@hawkins.dk (without the [NOSPAM] of course) - I will then answer them tonight, as I am at work right now without access to my email.

If you still need someone to answer questions ill happi;y answer some, PM me the questions and ill try and get it done today :)

Name: james Eastham

Time playing CM/FM: FM08 and other manager games i.e LMA manager

Something you think would be interesting about you for my piece: Recommending obscure players to my mates who will be the next big thing to be laughed at, for them too soon become gods, i.e Ronaldo when he was still i Portugal

Name: Kenco

Time playing CM/FM: Since CM 00/01

Something you think would be interesting about you for my piece: My work on creating custom db's for myself and the community

Feel free to PM any questions to me.

Name: Josh Cooper

Time playing CM/FM: Since CM 98/99

Something you think would be interesting about you for my piece: My game time over a season each year often adds up to over a month (actually thats sad not interesting)

Name: Gareth Mills

Nationality: British

Time playing CM/FM: 17 years (approx)

Something you think would be interesting about you for my piece: I've spent time playing this game in various places all over the world and have played virtually every installment of the game. I've sent you an e-mail with more info.

Sounds fun...I've emailed

Name: Adam Jones

Time Playing CM/FM: 18 years (since CM1993)

Something: I did a Swedish League Guide for the FM website a few years back (think it was for the 2006 or 2007 version, all offline now!)

Name: Damien Coney

Nationality:Irish

Time playing CM/FM:Since 08 but played some Championship manager from 00/01

Something you think would be interesting about you for my piece: 1000+ hours on football manager 2011...best career save ever. Will send an email now

Name: Dave Hanson

Time playing CM/FM: Since the start! The original Championship Manager way back in 1992? Wow, long time ago now, I was just 16 at the time.

Something you think would be interesting about you for my piece: Break-up of realtionship(s) due to CM/FM, and the amount of change in the CM/FM series.

Archived