Backroom staff CA/PA

Staff gain CA through their 30s & 40s starting to decline somewhere in their 50s.

They tend to make the biggest gains in the areas that they are coaching, maybe losing some attributes in areas they aren't coaching.

Re: staff progression, is this what you believe to be the case (ie, picked up this info en route to 6k posts) or just a hunch from what you've seen in game. I've always wondered if coach progression was based on what they were actually coaching or semi-randomly allotted when CA went up.

Also, can anyone explain in more detail what external factors (ie, not the staffers mental stats, assignmet, age etc...) increase/decrease CA. For example does having an ass man with say 20 motivation filter down and help your coaches increase their mot. And so on.

I feel like this is the sole aspect of the game the forums haven't studied the game mechanics of (unless of course there is a bazillion post thread Ive managed to miss). I'm hoping I'm wrong and someone can just link me to an in-depth thread...as I currently leave staff dev to complete chance which just gives me the willies.

Their Determination attribute mostly. There are other effects, like success of club, league reputation, but nothing as important as DET.

I might be wrong here, but wouldn't club success (thus by extension, rep) and league rep merely increase the staffers rep as opposed to their CA?

I've always wanted to know how staff development works but have never found any information on it too. Nowadays I don't like to look at CA/PA but from doing it in the past I know there's a staff member at the club I usually play who has very high PA and I'd love to know how best to develop him.

I've always wanted to know how staff development works but have never found any information on it too. Nowadays I don't like to look at CA/PA but from doing it in the past I know there's a staff member at the club I usually play who has very high PA and I'd love to know how best to develop him.

I've played around with genie scout and staff (far from anything scientific). From what I've gathered discipline is the most elastic mental stat, as in has 'room to grow' from generation point (particularly with former players) motivation is rather inelastic but can increase ~5ish points throughout a career, and determination will rarely increase after 2-3 seasons in a staff roll. The odd thing is some staffers reach their PA after 5-7 seasons employed as a staffer, whereas others can take 15+ years of employment.

That is one key point though. Development is not based on a staffers age per say, but how long they've been employed (similar to players attributes decreasing if they spend two years as a free agent).

(This paragraph is pure speculation) but I've always found that if I plan on highering a player after his playing days are over, convincing them to become 'staff available' and giving them a player/coach (or player/ass man) contract helps them develop and get in an extra year or two of staff dev in their low-mid 30s. Of course I could be talking out of my ass as this dev may have occurred organicly on its own, but I'd like to believe that early start is akin to increasing "junior coaching" and gives their CA a little bump towards their PA.

Re: staff progression, is this what you believe to be the case (ie, picked up this info en route to 6k posts) or just a hunch from what you've seen in game. I've always wondered if coach progression was based on what they were actually coaching or semi-randomly allotted when CA went up.

Also, can anyone explain in more detail what external factors (ie, not the staffers mental stats, assignmet, age etc...) increase/decrease CA. For example does having an ass man with say 20 motivation filter down and help your coaches increase their mot. And so on.

I feel like this is the sole aspect of the game the forums haven't studied the game mechanics of (unless of course there is a bazillion post thread Ive managed to miss). I'm hoping I'm wrong and someone can just link me to an in-depth thread...as I currently leave staff dev to complete chance which just gives me the willies.

I bit of both I guess.

I have a spreadsheet for each save I have which records staff attributes each season. From that I can see attributes going up & down on a seasonal basis.

Its probably fair to say that some staff improve more than others and I don't have a real reason why, I guess I presumed they were close to their PA but that isn't definite, maybe there are other factors.

Archived