A Dazzling Career (Well, Maybe...)!

DazRTaylor

So I have a new PC so therefore lost my previous thread. On the whole, I really enjoyed that game, so I plan something similar but with a twist.

I will not accept any job offer from any of the top three/four sides in the top five leagues (or six in the case of England). So, no Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Tottenham etc for me. This will obviously make it tougher, but I like a challenge and the previous save was a tad easy. So the following clubs I will not allow myself to manage:

Argentina

Boca Juniors

River Plate

Velez Sarsfield

Brazil

Corinthians

Santos

Sao Paulo

England

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Tottenham Hotspur

France

Marseille

Olympique Lyonnais

Paris St. Germain

Germany

Bayer Leverkusen

Bayern Munich

Borussia Dortmund

Italy

A. C. Milan

Inter

Juventus

Napoli

Spain

Atletico Madrid

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Valencia

I have started with a Sunday League reputation and start unemployed.

The following updates will regularly be provided:

- Season Preview (just before the first competitive fixture)

- Mid Season (end of the January Transfer Window)

- End of Season Review (after the last competitive fixture)

- As soon as I join any new club (self explanatory)

Leagues Loaded

I have loaded the following leagues, all to the lowest possible division:

Argentina

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

England

France

Germany

Greece

Holland

Italy

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

Spain

Switzerland

Turkey

Ukraine

CAREER OBJECTIVES

International Objectives

- Win the World Cup

- Win the European Championships

- Win the Copa America

- Manage England

- Manage a top nation other than England

Continental Objectives

- Win the UEFA Champions League

- Win the Libertadores Cup

- Win the Europa League

- Win the Sudamericana Cup

Domestic Objectives

- Win the Premier League

- Win La Liga

- Win the Bundesliga

- Win Serie A (Italy)

- Win Ligue 1

- Win Série A (Brazil)

- Win the Argentine Premier Division

- Win at least 1 domestic cup.

FC VOLENDAM

FC_Volendam.png

12992118.jpg

FC Volendam play in the Dutch Jupiler League, the second tier. Promotion is bizarre as you can technically finish one off the relegation places and still be in the promotion playoffs. So my target is that: Promotion playoffs. I start in 13th out of 18 teams but not that far from the 2nd place.

Squad

fcvolendamsquadplayers.png

Plenty there for me to work with.

I am still in the Dutch Cup, but have Feyenoord away in Round 3. Great :(

Decent place to start, a bit of money to spend too. Looks like a squad more than capable of a top half finish :thup:
Good luck in Holland! Hope it all goes well in your first job in football management!
Good luck in Holland, the Jupiler league is good fun. Can be very tight too. Have you checked the rules out yet? ;)

Thanks guys :D

Yes, I have been here before though whilst the rules are barmy, they are relatively normal compared to the mental Belgian leagues.

FC VOLENDAM

MID SEASON REVIEW

League

As you can see, I am currently sitting top, though injuries are starting to take their toll. Since taking over, I have had 15 injuries with more out now. Could be a tough run in.

jupilerleagueoverviewst.png

Dutch Cup

I am in the semi finals and have drawn fellow Jupiler League side MVV Maastricht.

Potential Problem

I have eight players - five of them in my first XI - out of contract in the summer and they are refusing to sign new deals. I have taken the decision to keep them but let them leave on free transfers in the summer. If I let them go, it would seriously compromise my promotion push. Better to be promoted and struggle and to not go up at all I think.

Transfers

No one has arrived - no budget - and only a few fringe players have left on frees to reduce the wage budget.

If you get promoted - you can get good players on a free transfer ;)
Indeed, if you get promoted, a whole lot of better players will be willing to play for you!

True but my scouts have to find them yet ;)

Very promising start. Do you go straight up if you win the leagues? Or is it one of those endless playoff thingd? Haven't managed in The Netherlands for ages!

Yes, if I win I go up automatically. :thup:

FC VOLENDAM

SEASON REVIEW - 2011-12

League

Promotion! Not sure why my predecessor struggled. Bizarre to say the least. I inherited a strong squad and, once organised, we were never in danger.

jupilerleagueoverviewstl.png

Dutch Cup

As stated previously, I won it! Terrific prformance but, again like I said earlier, it was weird. Of the eight quarter finalists, only three came from the top flight. Two non league sides made it that far!

Player of the Season

Even though he missed a few games with injury, my captain was immense from full back when he did play.

gerrykoningoverviewprof.png

Special Mention

Having said I was signing no one during January, this Finnish forward signed on the last day in January and repaid my faith with ten goals in only fourteen games. Terrific stuff from him.

jamipuustinenoverviewpr.png

Knew you'd do it!
Nice work with the promotion. Nice capture with the striker too, looks like it paid off.
League and couple double, with a promotion, sneaky treble you could claim? :cool:

Thanks guys :D

Well done on a great double. With European football to look forward to next season, exciting times should be ahead :thup:

The timing of that cup-winning goal was David Platt-esque!

I must admit, despite having the better of the game, I thought we had blown it :D

Archived