change the future

It's not particularly complex. You could go into the editor that comes with the game and make a couple of quick changes. I would make any or all of the following, depending on how extreme you want to go and whether you are prepared to distort some other aspects of the game:

1. In the Nations section, set Latvia to developed nation rather than developing, game importance to very important (currently important); and the "youth rating" to something higher than the current 63 (Brazil, for example, has a youth rating of 185).

2. Go to some of the leading Latvian clubs and under the stadium section boost their youth coaching, youth facilities and youth recruitment scores higher (up to a max of 20 for each, I believe).

I've not done this myself, so I can't be sure all this is necessary (or sufficient) but it seems like a common sense way to generate more youngsters and see them develop within the Latvian market, and it should take no more than 10 minutes. You could also do things like boosting the reputation of Latvia as a nation or Latvian clubs, but that might result in changes in national performance/club performance that you don';t want.

Archived