unexpected 10.0 ratings

Started my match against Rubin Kazim and went downstairs for a drink, took a bit longer then I expected and when I got back my start striker had a 10 rating after only the first half with 5 goals to his name! A hat trick in 7 minutes! Nice way to get my first 10 rating since FM11!

Anybody else had any great or unexpected 10 ratings so far? And Is there a records thread? If there Is I was unable to find It

In probably close to 2000 hours playing, I've had a match rating of 10.0 once. It was a Georgian striker I'd signed, we were playing the bottom team in Norways' Premier Division, and he put six goals into the opposition net. Sadly, this was a rare occurence, he wasn't consistent. It was pretty awesome though. I eventually moved him on after we got relegated - it was about ten years and two clubs ago in my current save IIRC.

It seems a bit unrealistic that 10.0 demands 5 or 6 goals, making it impossible for other players than the attacker to get this rating.

Generally I really dislike the rating systems in EA. So many of my matches have a similar pattern. I am 1-0 by halftime, and ALL players have the same rating 6.9, and the man who scored get 0,4 extra = 7,3. That is SO unrealistic. I need much more rating spread and hate to see all the players around the same score.

I had a home cup game against River Plate playing as Boca Juniors, and one of my strikers got a 10.0 rating. He scored 4 and got 2 assists in a 10-0 demolition! My other striker scored 2 and got 4 assists, and "only" got 9.8 though.

Well I did recently play a friendly where I was able to get 2 10.0's, my striker and one of my wingers. Probably could have gotten more since I had 3 others at 9.5+ but I took them out because I didn't want them to get injured like my starting CB whos now out for 2 months+ :mad: The amusing part of that game was though that my goalkeeper had a 9.0 rating and all he did was complete 6 out of 7 passes... and that was it. No assists, no saves, nothing at all and he got a 9.0 lol. I guess he was doing some crazy celebrations every time he scored and got bonus points for it!

Generally I really dislike the rating systems in EA. So many of my matches have a similar pattern. I am 1-0 by halftime, and ALL players have the same rating 6.9, and the man who scored get 0,4 extra = 7,3. That is SO unrealistic. I need much more rating spread and hate to see all the players around the same score.

It's rare for me to see all my players with a similar rating by the half-time mark, although it can theoretically happen since they all start from the same base anyway.

I don't mind the rating system, sometimes it's useful to get a quick and dirty idea of how well any player can play a particular position at a particular level, with the caveat that it's not necessarily accurate, and of course a low rating can sometimes indicate a problem with tactics rather than a problem with a player.

Odd as it sounds, the match ratings system in FM is what I dislike the most. As others have mentioned, it seems to computerized. Goals and assists account for far too much, and other odds things like defenders reaching a certain amount of tackles/interceptions, or wingers enough dribbles, then it triggers an extra 0.5 or so to their rating. It also seems to take scoreline into consideration too. For example, a midfielder could have a very strong individual performance in a 0-0 draw, and get the same rating as a midfielder who was just a passanger in a 3-0 victory. The system is also very biased against all round midfielders, as they won't trigger the threshold in key passes, tackles, or interceptions to get bonuses in their rating, and even when they have a very good performance, they can't seem to get more than a 6.9 unless they get a goal or an assist, or the team wins by 3 goals or more.

It seems a bit unrealistic that 10.0 demands 5 or 6 goals, making it impossible for other players than the attacker to get this rating.

I once saw an outside back finish with a 10.0 woth no goals. He wasn't playing for my team, but he won German player of the week.

I never managed to get fm11 (my pc wasent good enough but have a good laptop now) so didnt realise how rare or hard it was to get a 10. Never thought I would have one but just finished a match and I got my first 10. A league match from an unlikely source. Freddie bloody Sears!!

Playing as Blyth in BSN striker Pablo Counago scored 5 on his first game in a 7-0, first time its ever happened for me ;x

Completely off-topic :D ... but how on earth do you get that man to be a consistent scorer? :D ... for my BSP side, he is absolutely horrid in front of goal, though he works well as a deep-laying forward/Complete forward (though he did bag 3 goals in his debut).

On-Topic: Never seen a 10 rating yet. Been close, but apparently 4 goals for my forward wasn't enough :/

Completely off-topic :D ... but how on earth do you get that man to be a consistent scorer? :D ... for my BSP side, he is absolutely horrid in front of goal, though he works well as a deep-laying forward/Complete forward (though he did bag 3 goals in his debut).

On-Topic: Never seen a 10 rating yet. Been close, but apparently 4 goals for my forward wasn't enough :/

He has scored 36 goals in 23 games for me, honestly feels like cheating with this guy playing lol he cant miss for me.

I play him as a poacher alongside a target man in a 4-4-2.

Nucuous..."Odd as it sounds, the match ratings system in FM is what I dislike the most. As others have mentioned, it seems to computerized."... you do know you're playing a computer game don't you!!! :-P

• 1 month later...

If a player is involved in 5 goals, they have a chance of 10.0 in my book. I see what the 'computerized' guy means, there could be more done there, i.e. sometimes players play crap but get a goal, sometimes they play well without contributing to any goals etc...

Playing in the Andorran 2. Division, when I found this player - Ahmed Saïd - who was playing in a French club. He joined me right away but missed the first match of the season, because of international games. He then returned and got a 10'er in the first match, scoring 5 in a 7-0 victory. He's been very consistent from that point and is currently club and league topscorer with 25 goals in 10 games (2,5 pr game!). He's also my best rated player with a rating of 8,87 in the league!

Archived