Dubbed the Next........

ive never really been someone that plays beyond 5 or 6 seasons due to time allowing me to play being at work 50 hours monday to friday so i usually get bored of my saves i start, but do players that are "Dubbed the next Zidane" and so on ever go on to become that great?

now i know it involved alot of dynamics such as training facilities / coaching / game time / tutors etc...so assume everything has been done they way it should be and your a team like Barcelona or Man Utd. do these players become the best players etc?

an example of this would be Zaha being touted as the next Michael Owen or FM11 Connor Wickham dubbed Alan Shearer.

same goes with Regens dubbed / touted as the next what ever.

I had Jordan Mutch at Birmingham who was apparently the new Frank Lampard when I took over. His attributes weren't too bad but they weren't setting the world alight either. Needless to say when he turned 20, mid-way through the season, it disappeared and I sold him to Sheffield Wednesday :D

As I get bored once all the real players retire I've never been far enough into the future to know this, but do regens in say 2030 still get dubbed the new Alan Shearer or does it add new legends to the game?

For example, say if Man Utd produced a regen named John Smith in the 1st season and he went on to score 100 goals in 100 games for England by the time he retires. Would any newgens created after this be dubbed the new John Smith, or would it still be Alan Shearer/Michael Owen/Les Ferdinand etc?

Archived