Takeover talks? Clearing Debts??????!!!!????

I play as Roma and I have completely transformed this team into the most dominant club in the world. Admittingly I've used FM scout to my advantage but anyways....its 2023 and I've won every competition for a ton of years in a row. I have my club over $300 million in the black....best facilities, coaches, players you can have.

Now it just said that im in takeover talks and the message said the new chairman will take over the daunting task of clearing the clubs debts????? This makes no sense...

I have one bank loan that was there at Roma currently in 2012 that I could do nothing about and it expires in 2030.....what is going on here? Is this a bug of some sort???

For some reason the game won't let you pay off the debt early unless you get a takeover. Aston Villa already had a 28m loan when I took over but even though we have close on 75m in the bank the board won't pay it off! There isn't even any more transfer windows this season so I'm obviously not in a panic to spend any money

For some reason the game won't let you pay off the debt early unless you get a takeover. Aston Villa already had a 28m loan when I took over but even though we have close on 75m in the bank the board won't pay it off! There isn't even any more transfer windows this season so I'm obviously not in a panic to spend any money

4th season in and my debts where cleared at Santos without been taken over. The board said something like 'due to the good finances of the club, they have cleared the clubs debts'. I had about £100 million in the bank at the time due to not spending anything for 4 seasons.

I dont understand why I couldn't pay it off by this time if I have the club $300 million in the black?

The repayment plan for a loan is agreed when its taken out.

Some loans allow for early settlement, others don't. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you can pay it off, just like real life.

The repayment plan for a loan is agreed when its taken out.

Some loans allow for early settlement, others don't. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you can pay it off, just like real life.

Well should I be worried about getting sacked? Also, since I have done such a great job with the finances....should I be expecting this owner to have even deeper pockets the one we got now? How do takeovers tend to work in FM? Do they differ depending on the job you've done in the past?

Well should I be worried about getting sacked? Also, since I have done such a great job with the finances....should I be expecting this owner to have even deeper pockets the one we got now? How do takeovers tend to work in FM? Do they differ depending on the job you've done in the past?

Different owners/chairmen, different expectations, different level of ambition & different level of patience.

If you are doing equal/better than your expectations its unlikely you'll be sacked straight away although there has been occasions where users have lost their job to a high rep AI manager.

I was at Lazio for seven seasons with a patient chairman I achieved solid results whilst paying off huge loans and I also rebuilt the squad from one of the oldest to one of the youngest in Serie A. New chairman came in, demanded a title challenge, after 12 games of the new season I was sacked sitting around 8th in the table with just one point needed from the last two matches in the champions league group to qualify for the knockout stages.

New manager came in and made the final of the Champions League finishing 3rd in Serie A with my squad :(

Archived