Int call-ups during Carling Cup && a couple of interesting observations

Hi all,

I was managing Arsenal, first season.

Made it to the final of the English Carling Cup against Tottenham.

Match to be played on Feb 20 something.

Just a day or 2 before the match mos of my squad is away on int duty.

AFter coming to the finals, it is really depressing to find that all my top stars are gone.

Anyone else has had this???

Also I am playing a custom club comp due to which initial rounds were rescheduled but the final is taking place on the day originally arranged.

A couple of interesting obrservations....

Was playing against ManU in the custom club comp.

When I attended the match myself, we ended up losing.

Just to check the difference I went on holiday, asking my ass man to manage them using Same Tactics and Same Starting Line up.

Here is the observations over 5 repititions of he same match.

Arsenal: Won 3 within ninety minutes, 1 after extra time.

ManU: Won 1 on penalties.

Also when I change to Attacking strategy from Fluid strategy all the key highlights stopped taking place and there was highlights for 30 mins. During the time ManU didnt alter thier strategy only made substitutions.

This was observed several times.

Finally, I also find that I am not informed of opposing substitutions during half time.

Changes made by the team just spoil my plans.

On a totally different note, anyone has succeeded in effectively playing highy creative, excellent potential midfielders like Kroos, Wilshere, etc.

Can you share the player instructions.

managerdude_66

Bloody nightmare when it happens, ive had that before and now as a result i risk annoying the players and pull them out of international matches when ever i can, obviously if its competitive matches i cant. but i dont allow key first team players to play in friendlies anymore and also because of the ever known bug of the injuries players seem to pick up while playing international games!!

On a totally different note, anyone has succeeded in effectively playing highy creative, excellent potential midfielders like Kroos, Wilshere, etc.

Yes, when i'm at a top club my tactics wholly centre around these types of player. The latest was Jadson at Newcastle, playing over LAN with a friend (I otherwise exclusively play journeyman). I played with a conventional 4-4-1-1 with Jadson in AMC, set to 'Playmaker'.

I tend to tweak constantly over the course of the season, but here are my general ranges:

Attacking: 12-14

Creative Freedom: 14-18

Closing Down: 4-8

Passing: 14-16

Run From Deep: Sometimes

Run With Ball: Often

Shoot From Distance: Sometimes

Through Ball: Often

Cross Ball: Sometimes (From Byline) (To Centre)

Roam From Position: Rarely

Marking: Zonal

Tight Marking: No

Wide Play: Cut Inside

Jadson got runner-up player of the year for me, 16 goals, 18 assists and I finished 5th overall.

EDIT: For this tactic to work the man ahead of the creative player is just as important. Personally i'd opt for determined and physical players who won't get frustrated if the pickings are slim. I recommend Artem Milyevksi or Yarmolenko of Dynamo Kyiv, Olic of Bayern etc.

Archived