Kieron Gibbs = Deluded!

Mr Gibbs' contract runs out at the end of my current season. He has been my back up left back and has made a handful of appearances. I like having him at the club cause he's English and a half decent back up.

So I go to offer him a contract, he is currently on 20k so I think 35k would be reasonable. So imagine my suprise when he asks for 51k + 20k app fee! Wtf? I offer 40 and he rejects. I try again later, rejects again.

I talk to him, he says he wants to stay at club so I try again. Now he wants 85k!!!

All this is all fine and dandy, but the most annoying thing? I know he'll leave the club and I'll end up seeing him playing for Swansea for 18k.

But he will be in their first team. I have seen players demand 50k to be a backup who dropped their wage demand to 25k if I offered them a first team slot. Not sure that's realistic, but clearly in game some personality types are prepared to give up $$$$ in exchange for regular first team football.

But he will be in their first team. I have seen players demand 50k to be a backup who dropped their wage demand to 25k if I offered them a first team slot. Not sure that's realistic, but clearly in game some personality types are prepared to give up $$$$ in exchange for regular first team football.

I have never seen any player, ever, in FM accept lower wages when offered a better squad status. Ever.

is this even possible? i only seen player demanding more money to match the new squad status offered

Offer a higher signing on fee to agent, then player. Works for me when getting aging big earners down the pecking order of wage. But, from experiance, if the clubs more successful and the average wage of players at the clubs goes up, he will want more. The amount of players i've had on 80k a week that are only backup players.

OP - Are you currently in the summer of 2014? I am having exactly the same issue, with exactly the same player, and he is giving me exactly the same absurd demands. I am this close >< to just moving Thomas Vermalean to LB and showing Mr. Gibbs the door.

On an unrelated note, since Bacary Sagna is going to be 32 this year and is still valued at 13.25 million, I just decided to offer him around to see if the AI is crazy or not. Turns out that they are, and Real Madrid and Barcelona are currently fighting over him with contract offers, having both been prepared to meet my prince of a lump sum TWENTY-FIVE million pounds.

OP - Are you currently in the summer of 2014? I am having exactly the same issue, with exactly the same player, and he is giving me exactly the same absurd demands. I am this close >< to just moving Thomas Vermalean to LB and showing Mr. Gibbs the door.

On an unrelated note, since Bacary Sagna is going to be 32 this year and is still valued at 13.25 million, I just decided to offer him around to see if the AI is crazy or not. Turns out that they are, and Real Madrid and Barcelona are currently fighting over him with contract offers, having both been prepared to meet my prince of a lump sum TWENTY-FIVE million pounds.

I am in march 2014. he will be going on a free end of season because i will not pay him that much!

Cheers for the heads up on Sagna hehe, guess he'll be on his way now too.

How u doing with your goona save? Im struggling tbh, keep coming second. Looks like it will happen this season too.

Archived