Regen Question Concerning Welsh Clubs in English Leagues?

This is a kind of knock on effect of the following thread, so I didn't want to hi-jack it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292492-Wonder-why-all-the-best-regens-come-out-of-Brazil

so hear goes.

• Regen production in FM follow national templates.

If this is the case, how does it effect teams that are playing in a nations league that is not there home county.

• In FM these teams Nation Description is the Nation of the league they play in.

Being Welsh and interested in the quality of future talent coming through in order to one day take over the reins of the main national side or youth sides. I have become somewhat baffled and confused on this issue. So,

• Do teams like Swansea, Cardiff, Newport Co, Merthyr Town etc., follow the Nations Template (League Playing In) because these are listed has being from England, increasing the amount of English youth coming through the system (Which we know from the above thread link more chance of better quality English players).

Or

• Does it go by the City in which the club is situated so the youth production would follow the Nations Template (City In Which The Club Is Based) because they are based in Wales, increasing the amount of Welsh youth through the system (Which we know from the above thread link less chance of quality Welsh players).

Or

• By the club being in a Welsh city and an England National does it mean mostly Welsh Youth but following the England Template (Better chance of quality Welsh Youth)

Hopefully you get the gist of what I am enquiring about. In the meantime thank you for taking the time in reading this, and I look forward to your replies.

Yours,

The Welsh Lad

i wouldnt have thought they followed the english template as i find promising welsh players few and far between.

but saying that, whenever i look at cardiff city's u-18's (i'm a city fan hence why i sometimes take an interest) they more commonly have decent players with their decent academy setting than other teams in the same division.

I've always noticed that Welsh teams in my games tend to produce very good youngsters, so I'd suggest that they follow the English template.

I don't know whether you're familiar with the San Marino Challenge either, but given the progress that some people have made in that challenge backs up my suspicion that it is the league that a club is in which defines which template they use. For instance the club team San Marino, which competes in the Serie C2 (I think), produces San Marinese regens, but to a far higher quality than those who come through in the San Marinese league system (yes, believe it or not there is one).

As I understand it, the regens a club takes in is based on geographic location and the reach of their scouting network. So for Cardiff City, its location is determined by its city (Cardiff), Cardiff's local region (South Glamorgan) then South Glamorgan's nation (Wales).

And since Cardiff City is the biggest club in its local region, it should be taking in the best regens produced for South Glamorgan (which are distributed from Wales' overall regen output). This would also explain why Welsh teams in the English system tend to produce good regens, as they basically have a monopoly on their local regens whereas English regens, though generally superior on the whole, are going to be distributed across a large number of teams with great youth programs (not just Man Utd and Arsenal but also Charlton, West Ham, etc.)

But to answer your question: yes, Welsh teams will get mostly Welsh regens regardless of the league in which they play.

Wales is amazing for me on my current save, 4seasons in and i have two regens who are predicted to be "leading stars" in the premier league. One is already a starter for Wales at just 18 and the other is 17 and is progressing nicely on loan at a feeder club.

On most of my saves Wales is always pretty good for finding cheap youngsters with high potential.

As I understand it, the regens a club takes in is based on geographic location and the reach of their scouting network. So for Cardiff City, its location is determined by its city (Cardiff), Cardiff's local region (South Glamorgan) then South Glamorgan's nation (Wales).

And since Cardiff City is the biggest club in its local region, it should be taking in the best regens produced for South Glamorgan (which are distributed from Wales' overall regen output). This would also explain why Welsh teams in the English system tend to produce good regens, as they basically have a monopoly on their local regens whereas English regens, though generally superior on the whole, are going to be distributed across a large number of teams with great youth programs (not just Man Utd and Arsenal but also Charlton, West Ham, etc.)

i'd thought about this before being a cardiff fan, and every time i think about it it pains me thinking how we let bale go to spurs and giggs to man utd...

Archived