englands outlook

currently in season 2015 with a large database and yet again with this version of FM as well as alot of the previous offerings the game is flooded with excellent young Argentinean/Brazilian players i very rarely come across wonderkid's from the home nations, i agree the state of football development here in the UK is pretty poor at the moment irl but its improving and while we might not produce Neymar's or the Messi's every couple of years i think a steady flurry of players such as Rooney Bale Gerrard Lampard terry through to Shearer, Giggs, Keane etc in recent memory shows that we do produce excellent talent, however i feel the game fails to replicate this and by the 4th or 5th season its nigh on impossible to win anything with a team with anymore than 50% of the players hailing from the home nations, does anyone have similar problems and is it possible to change the number and quality of regens by country in the editor or is it down to the reputation thing???

AI does not know how to develop young players properly, and when you put it in charge of a league full of money like England, AI prefers to buy and play foreign players than develop home-grown players. As evidence for this, you rarely see AI tutor its young players, but opt to have old squads and employ poor coaches. Coupled this with the fact that youth newgen quality for England is only average, you'll end up with English clubs not bothering to play their youths at all.

On one of my dead saves i don't play anymore England has a 199PA striker and a 194PA leftback. And on my current save i have two epic 16 year old AML's who i suspect have 190+ PA, haven't used scout or fmrte to check though.

And i don't understand why everyone thinks Brazil are the over rated ones, on every game i have played on FM12 France is the best place to hunt for kids, seems every single one has either amazing PA or incredible CA.

Archived