Why would he be ineligible?

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa380/Hungrymanuel/FernandoCasasOverview_Information.png

Trying to get this guy to play for Hungary but there doesn't appear to be any option call him up at the moment. Anyone know why this would be the case? I guess its something to do with youth caps but I don't know much about this really.

Or possibly it could be a bug? I literally sold him on the same day that he got his second nationality.

Has he been in Hungary for 5 years? FIFA requires a player to live in a country for 5 years before becoming eligible. I use Vancouver in my game, and players are able to become Canadian citizens after 3 years but have to wait 5 in order to play for Canada.

He's already got a citizenship, so that is definitely not the problem.

And loyalty is not the issue either, the problem is that there is no option to even attempt to call him up and Hungary is not listed as a nation he's eligible for despite the fact that he has Hungarian as his second nationality.

Please read my original post before replying.

dominiqueretailleauprof.png

dominiqueretailleauhist.png

just wanting you to show something, this player has been at my club for 9 seasons, he has the Romanian nationality but he doesn't have the eligibility to play for Romania, he has lived for more than 5 years in my country so he could easily apply for the eligibility but he chose not to, also he is not declared for his birth nation France

so keeping it simple Nationality does not imply Eligibility

aitorhistorycareerstats.png

aitorprofilepersonal.png

after 5 years this guy has applied for eligibility and now has the opportunity to play for Romania

But I thought they applied for citizenship and eligibility just comes naturally?

I'm 100% sure that you don't have to apply to become eligible anyway. I'm pretty certain on past FMs I could at least attempt to call a player up and then they'd reject it if they didn't want to play for your team.

I still think this is bugged and I've noticed that in your first screenshot the player doesn't play in Romania before, so that might possibly effect it?I've still got a backup of the file so I'll test out whether I can call him up when he's residing in Hungary.

He's already got a citizenship, so that is definitely not the problem.

And loyalty is not the issue either, the problem is that there is no option to even attempt to call him up and Hungary is not listed as a nation he's eligible for despite the fact that he has Hungarian as his second nationality.

Please read my original post before replying.

Way to introduce yourself to the forum :rolleyes:

If you want advice I suggest you consider what people tell you rather than dismissing them else next time people will just ignore you.

looknohands has already given you the most likely answer but someone else might have another explanation or at least a more detailed one.

Way to introduce yourself to the forum :rolleyes:

If you want advice I suggest you consider what people tell you rather than dismissing them else next time people will just ignore you.

looknohands has already given you the most likely answer but someone else might have another explanation or at least a more detailed one.

I couldn't care less.

He obviously didn't bother reading my post correctly and neither did you if you think that he gave 'the most likely answer'.

I couldn't care less.

He obviously didn't bother reading my post correctly and neither did you if you think that he gave 'the most likely answer'.

He gave a clear answer to your question and also included an example.

You obviously couldn't be arsed reading his post properly :rolleyes:

He gave a clear answer to your question and also included an example.

You obviously couldn't be arsed reading his post properly :rolleyes:

Well no, seeing as it takes 5 years to become a citizen, he's obviously lived there for 5 years.

I didn't mention that in my original post though in fairness.

I feel embarrassed now.

But still, ignore my arseholery. I need an answer, I still think that I've just exposed a minute bug by selling him on the same day that he obtained citizenship.

I don't think its straight forward tbh and poola is possibly along the right lines. You'll probably need a SI staff member to clarify how it works.

Looking at my own save in Germany - I have an Argentine ST who has been at the club for 9 seasons, he took German nationality and is no longer classed as a foreign player but he is still only eligible for Argentina (He hasn't played national football at any level).

I think I may have possibly worked it out.

He's still part of the Argentina Under 23 squad and I think that as long as he is part of that squad which will be until the next Olympics, I won't even be able to try and call him up.

Time to resort to FMRTE I reckon.

It depends on if the player wants to be eligible to play for that country. He can have dual nationality, but may not want to play for both nations, in his info it says, 'feels he would only consider an international call up from Argentina at this time'. When that changes, his nations eligible to play for will change. When managing at international level, I think you should be able to try to persuade players with dual nationality to play for you!

It depends on if the player wants to be eligible to play for that country. He can have dual nationality, but may not want to play for both nations, in his info it says, 'feels he would only consider an international call up from Argentina at this time'. When that changes, his nations eligible to play for will change. When managing at international level, I think you should be able to try to persuade players with dual nationality to play for you!

This isn't true.

I think it is mate. He has to make himself eligible, nobody else can make that choice for him. He's still holding out for an Argentinian call up. In your theory, you can just call a player up because he's eligible and he has no choice? I think he has to male a choice and then you can pick him.

I think it is mate. He has to make himself eligible, nobody else can make that choice for him. He's still holding out for an Argentinian call up. In your theory, you can just call a player up because he's eligible and he has no choice? I think he has to male a choice and then you can pick him.

Well yes, you're right in what you're saying and players can reject callups, but said player is still listed as being eligible for that nation in his info screen, even if he doesn't want to play for them.

Anyway, I was right;

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa380/Hungrymanuel/FernandoCasasOverview_Information-2.png

Just had to add a new manager to the Argentinian Under 23s to remove him and he became eligible.

Thanks for the responses anyway.

-that's impossible he could not gain eligibility for Hungary while playing in Spain

-also adding a new manager and dropping a player from a national squad does not give eligibility to the second nationality the player has

-clearly you edited him to be eligible for Hungary

I agree with dolph11 100%

A player could play 100 years in a foreign country, if he doesn't want to play for that foreign country he won't play (he may become even eligible and won't play, because he declares himself for the first nation)

-that's impossible he could not gain eligibility for Hungary while playing in Spain

-also adding a new manager and dropping a player from a national squad does not give eligibility to the second nationality the player has

-clearly you edited him to be eligible for Hungary

I agree with dolph11 100%

A player could play 100 years in a foreign country, if he doesn't want to play for that foreign country he won't play (he may become even eligible and won't play, because he declares himself for the first nation)

Hey man, pipe down. You are wrong.

What reason would I have to lie about this?

I have naturalized countless players for my nation and in all the fm's I have never saw a thing like this, a player to get the eligibilty for a nation after he has transferred to another nation

Yes, he was only not naturalized in the first place because he was still in the Argentina Under 23 squad. Obviously he would not be eligible to play for Hungary whilst he has already been picked by Argentina. When he was removed from that squad he becomes free to choose which team he'd want to play for.

Understood?

It really isn't difficult to understand how this happened.

Trust me on this: citizenship and eligibility are not the same. I've sent at least two dozen players to the Canadian national squad over the past 2 FMs. After 3 years (and however long it takes to file paperwork) a player may choose to become a citizen in a country with a 3 year requirement (such as Canada.) The player will then have dual nationality, but will not be able to play for that second nation until he's lived there for five years. Hence the two nationalities being displayed, but only one eligible country.

Yes, he was only not naturalized in the first place because he was still in the Argentina Under 23 squad. Obviously he would not be eligible to play for Hungary whilst he has already been picked by Argentina. When he was removed from that squad he becomes free to choose which team he'd want to play for.

Understood?

It really isn't difficult to understand how this happened.

...except that being in the U23 squad doesn't tie you to a nation, only senior caps. There's no reason he wouldn't be able to be eligible for Hungary just because he was with a youth squad.

the player in the second picture I posted (Aitor)

gained eligibility for Romania being selected and playing for Spain U21 (this happened hours ago)

you know I don't play this game since yesterday so you can stop the pretending

FMRTE happend for you? great I am not judging you but don't sell me lies

Here is proof that looknohands is right

severuslauriannewsinbox.png

aitorprofilepersonal2.png

spainu21players.png

I stated over and over that he'd played 5 years so therefore looknohands point was completely irreleant to my issue.

FernandoCasasHistory_CareerStats.png

See 5 years and again ask yourself, why would I lie about this? Besides, your screenshot offers no proof at all seeing as that is the Under 21 squad and not the Under 23s.

FMRTE has no place where you can edit this, I already tried editing it on that before taking over Argentina Under 23s.

That's not necessarily 5 years. He arrived partway through the 13/14 season, so rough estimate go with mid-18 as the earliest he could satisfy the 5 year requirement. When was he actually purchased by Granada? He may actually have left before the full 5 years was actually up (playing for two clubs in 18/19 may have prevented him from playing for Granada in the same season.)

You need to look at the exact dates of his transfers to and from Hungary.

Odd...he seems to have met the 5 years from the look of those dates. My best guess would be a leave of absence or something similar then. You can post it in the bug forums. At the very least, you might be able to get a better explanation.

It is the Under 23s thing, the problem vanished as soon as I took him out of the squad. I am playing on 12.0.4 so maybe it has been fixed since.

But still I can see why it would occur, probably an easy thing for SI to skip over as the Under 23 squads are such a rarely used feature.

Archived