Welcome to FK FK Mjølner!

Goldhawk

Welcome to FK Mjølner!

Aims/objectives of the game

1) To Gain promotion to the Norwegian top league, and win it.

2) A Champions league winners medal

3) A national team European Championship winners medal

4) A nation team World Cup winners medal.

5) Using only my own youth products (for the league side)

Edit: Hahaha First post and i've already messed up the title! (if a passing moderator could do me a favor that would be much appreciated)

Well, I had a lot of fun with my N.Forest save however the passion for that seems to have run dry. Having won the champions league and broken Arsenal’s record for undefeated in the league I felt I had to give myself a new challenge. So, a new username (to coincide with what I’m called everywhere else on the net) and a new save. I have decided to create a long term save, much like

Makoto Nakamura’s excellent thread and as such I will not be buying any players or staff. This will be a youth team set up - with the ultimate aim of a Champions league winners medal - till death or glory; I'm not entirely sure what is likely to come first ;)

Without further adoo, this is the team I aim to fall in love with. Playing in the third tier of Norwegian football this semi-professional club doesn't have a huge amount of history and having just been promoted into this division I feel there may well be a struggle to even get to the Tippeligaen. The media prediction predictably is 14th in this league (which would mean Relegation) - I certainly have no intention of failing in the first year!

leaguepositionsfirstseason.jpg

Our facilities:

Nothing surprising, fairly basic all round. It'll be years before I'll have the finances to do anything about this - so no worries just now!

Facilities.jpg

Position Strength

This does look more promising, a few key players which may well have to carry the team this first few seasons. Will certainly be interesting to see how they perform.

Squadratings.jpg

Well, thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy this and i'll try to keep you all updated as often as I can - That will most likely come in the form of a half season and final season update when they are reached. The second post in this thread is dedicated to the Records and the 'Best of' ; which I'll try to update with youtube links of certain games/screenshots and a general record of the progress I make with the team. Wish me luck!

Records

- Suggestions for a format?

The Best Of (Video/screenshots)

- Nothing yet! -

-------------------------

Where did I finish?

Season 1: 4th place - Norwegian Second Group Division 4; 1st Round of the Norwegian Cup.

Season 2: 4th place - Norwegian Second Group Division 4; 1st Round of the Norwegian Cup.

Season 3:

If anyone has any requests for screenshots or a specific record to be included let me know!

January 2011: Meet the Team

Well, as seen in the first post there is not an awful lot there. Having just scouted around the division and compared some players this squad is seriously lacking in both quality and depth. It seems with any sort of injuries I may have to delve into the grayed out players; which will certainly make things interesting. I'm expecting it'll take 3-5 seasons to get out of this division.

Our top players are as follows.

SJohnsen.jpg

Our best attacking threat - Johnsen (provisionally) will be playing (L) Inside Forward.

MNicolaisen.jpg

Our midfield magician. I'm putting a lot in this 15 year old to succeed. He will be our primary playmaker this season by the looks of things.

BLekstrom.jpg

Lekstrom. Every team needs a good goalkeeper and we have been blessed with one. We can't hope to do well without some heroic performances from this lad.

Given the players and strength of positions I have I will be playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation; looking to break on the counter. Next update due mid season!

July 2011 - Half Season Update

13 games into the league campaign and things are going much better than expected. Having been predicted to finish rock bottom the team have been playing out of their skins and find themselves a lot further up the table than anyone expected (but more on that later). Needless to say this has been helped by a few star performers; however they are not the players I had predicted to do the business at the start of the season! With regard to the cup we were drawn against Top Division side Trosmo and found ourselves 2-1 up shortly after the break; unfortunately the game began to unravel and we conceded a couple of soft goals to go down 2-3. A disappointing loss but it does give us a good focus on a league where we weren't expecting to make any great progress.

The Stars

At 20 years of age our captain; Tobias Fjellbakk has been the star of the show. Playing an advanced playmaker (A) role in the middle of the park he has justified every piece of praise i'm throwing at him. 10 assists and two goals cannot be argued with; we will need him to keep up the pace if we want to continue our run of form!

Fjellbakk-half.jpg

Next, our striker. Our only competent striker; Epsen Eide Nilsen has been our goal threat this season. No great shakes from him, but he chips in every few games with a brace which has certainly helped us climb the table. I fear an injury to him would probably cost me my job. No other player in the squad offers anything in the ST role but we are fortunate that the midfield is chipping in with a few goals.

Nilsen-half.jpg

The League

I've delayed this screenshot long enough. There isn't an awful lot to say about this other than everyone in this league seems capable of beating everyone else; my last game I drew with bottom side Stromsgodset 2 which was certainly disappointing - however the overall league performance is not.

Table-half.jpg

Final thoughts

The team has been performing above all expectations and I can certainly be proud of the work i've done so far. I'm still not convinced this team is cut out for this division, let alone the one above so I have to admit i'm half hoping i fail in this promotion bid as the team lacks any depth to the squad. We are lacking cover in both full back positions, right wing and striker. I can only hope my first batch of newgens addresses that balancing issue!

I'll aim to finish this first season over the weekend and at that point I will also update the record thread. Thanks for reading.

October 2011 - End of Season Report

Youth Intake

1-youth.jpg

Personally, the youth intake day is the most exciting day of the season. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with this intake; no one stands out nor can I see any becoming first team regulars. I can use a few of the players there as back up (particularly the left back and Right winger/ST) but this does look like next year will be played without improvement in the squad.

Looking more positively I recently convinced the board to increase the junior coaching, so it's now 'Minimal'. Hardly convincing but i'll take any increase given the clubs debt stands at around £80k. It looks like a cup run will be required next season if I want to increase my ability to train youth players.

League Table

A steady second half of the season left me pushing for promotion but a couple of bad results put an end to those dreams for another year at least. Something has to be said for games where you miss 5 CCC and lose 1-0; I took a screenshot but, well. I'm just annoyed. Didn't score a penalty all year! As you may see from the league table, we scored the 2nd most and conceded the least. Encouraging statistics however i do feel the strike force is not up to scratch and with this years youth intake...lacking; I find myself looking to Nilsen again to try and find some goals. After all, he did just break his 11 hour goalless run on the last day of the season so I would hope he's due a good run.

1-league.jpg

Final thoughts

As far as a first forray into Norwegian management goes it wasn't a bad attempt. The squad surprised me, both in it's solidity at the back and it's lack of threat up front (depsite the number of goals we scored). Being able to bring in a pacey striker would in my opinion make this squad title favoriates. We will just have to see if I can start back next season where I left off here. One thing that is certain is that I need to hold onto my captain; who as you can see below carried this team.

1-fjellbakk.jpg

The club so good they named it twice.

Haha yeah. Must've made a mistake copy/pasting. I mocked up most of the first post in MS word and then transfered it over. Seems I failed!

That 15 year old looks a promising star of the future! Hope the season plans out the way you wish!

He does, unfortunately he didn't perform too fantastically. 6(7) games and scored once. He's young and will hopefully pick up in the next few seasons. I'll keep using him in rotation and hopefully he will reach his potential soon - It looks like a while before my youth team will produce any more quality!

January 2012 - Second bite at the title

Media Expectation: Relegation

Board Expectation: Mid table

My Expectation: Title challenge

The team is almost identical to that of last year aside from the addition of an entire youth squad intake. As such I think I have a reasonable chance at securing a promotion - it's likely to all come down to the specific results of a few games like it did last season; however i'm certain the team has learned from their mistakes and will push for this promotion. This pre-season we have looked to the big money friendlies (I'm earning 9k a pop, baby!) to keep the club going. As the build up to the first league game is 3 months long i'll look to get a game in every 10 days or so to maintain fitness and increase revenues which will go entirely into developing the club. I'm hoping if I can get the clubs coffers to about 30k i'll be able to upgrade some function of the clubs running, like the youth scouting network.

Each of the friendlies i've played so far have been against Norwegian premier league sides, with the results as follows: 1-1, 0-1 & 0-0. Hardly ideal in terms of morale however it does show that the team and formation is working against sides who should by all rights be walking over me. I didn't create many chances and it can be painful to watch at times; but needs must at the moment!

Half Season Update

It's been a good season thus far; I previously asserted that I thought we should be pushing for the title and a promotion and It seems my players agree. The team has constantly defied the odds and have been performing minor miracles on the pitch at times. Having been knocked out in the 1st round of the Norwegian cup (again) the attention was placed firmly on the league and it's helped massively. The confidence from the first season has certainly manifested again in the second. We are currently sat second in the league having drawn the last two games and have only lost in the league once (as pictured a few posts above).

There has been no one star player like last year; everyone has been chipping in - Including the first member of the youth team to make a start for me - Ted Yndestad (Y1) who managed to score after first having 4 goals chopped off for offside in his first 5 games!

Squad Performance (league)

Halfleageperformance.jpg

League table

Halfleaguetable.jpg

Currently 11 league games without defeat, and for a league with only 26 games in it that's not bad! Will be looking to continue that sort of form and hopefully gain promotion - with any luck a promotion would make us a professional club!

2012: The year of 'What ARE YOU DOING???!?!

I would like to start this update in a positive manner. (Does saying that make it positive?) - we have (for the second year running) upgraded the junior training standard. It's now all the way up to basic! Not only that, one player has made the break through to the full team. Ted doesn't look like he will be anything more than a rotation option for a good few years however that suits me fine. I needed some bodies and any sort of pace is fine by me. This years youth intake wasn't stellar either, I unfortunately forgot to screencap the players but i will post screenshots of those who make professional debuts for FK Mjolner.

As far as the league goes; the team imploded, it's as simple as that. The goals and the confidence dried up mid season and we were left wondering what could have been for the second season running. I'm not entirely sure why it happened, or what the stem of it was. However as you can see from the following screenshot, it was pretty dire.

Finalresults.jpg

League Table

Finaltable.jpg

With the final standings looking like this, I can't decide if that is progress, a stall or a decline. Hard to say really. All i know is this will be another year without professional status and i will be lucky to get out of this division.

Where is the second years youth intake or am I totally misunderstanding the season dates haha.

Good luck, you'll get out of the division soon enough, every lower league management i've ever played has had it's stalls :(

Jpr: I unfortunately forgot to screen cap it so there isn't one :/ Only one player of note came through so i'll get him posted on here at some point tomorrow.

In terms of the Norwegian League - January is start of pre season; first game is in April and the season finishes in October. Hopefully that clarifies a few things.

Pre-Season 2013

Another winter of pre-season friendlies against better opposition; unsurprisingly the team is struggling to create and finish chances which has been the story for the last 2 seasons. The fixture list has not been kind and the side has been handed a very tough first four games. 7 points is the aim. In other news, one of our Amateur players has decided to retire and i've managed to convince him to join my backroom staff. He is a welcome addition that allows me to increase our training standard.

Yet again the media has put us as their relegation tip, with the board seeming to agree - making my league priority avoiding relegation. I think last year proved that this team can get promoted, we simply need to hold our form over the summer. I am now also £101 within the wage budget after having renewed the contracts of my top performers, meaning the club is losing money left right and center. This needs to be the season i feel, a couple of rounds in the cup wouldn't go amiss either.

Archived