Staff Wages driving me mad!

I'm currently in a game in Italy with a club called Borgo a Buggiano. I've just been promoted to the Liga Divisione A. My backroom staff were terrible. Due to their contracts expiring I thought I'd just release them and try to get in better staff, including my Assistant. Anyhow, I'm within my wage budget but I can not afford any staff!!!!!! For example, most Assistants want at least £425, I'm only allowed to offer £325, the staff applying or ones I've searched out will only go as low as £375. Just £50, so frustrating! Worse still, I offered a contract to one coach who wanted £1000 and I was able to offer £825, he wouldn't come down that low. So, why can I not offer the £50 difference for the other staff I need? Makes no sense at all and is ******* me off something chronic! I have only 1 backroom staff and he's a GK coach (a very poor one at that). My team is poor compared to the rest of the league as it is, I need staff. Any ideas Guys?

Had you not spend all your money sacking your entire backroom staff at once, you might be able to have improved your staff one at a time. I've said it a million times on this forum and people keep arguing the toss with me, but sacking an entire backroom staff and replacing them all is just a waste of money, and leads to this sort of thing happening. The only solution I can think of is you may have to get in coaches who were equally rubbish, or perhaps even worse than your original ones, as I'm sure there will be some out there that will accept the low wages you're allowed to offer. If you have room left on your wage budget for players, then maybe bringing in a player/coach could fill the void. Also, if you have a remaining transfer budget, try adjusting the budgets to all your transfer money can be shifted to wages, and this may increase the amount you can offer.

I hear what you're saying, but I only had 1 coach and an assistant. So didn't think it would make much difference, hardly a massive change around! I have no money for transfer funds just a low amount remaining in my Wages which I was gonna use for a new assistant and a coach or two. Last season I was predicted to finish bottom but managed to finish 2nd so I really am on a budget! Still, I thought promotion would allow an extra £25 for the difference of an assistant! Its ridiculous and so stupid. We are talking £25 difference on an Assistant that I can't offer now!

I find building a backroom staff setup slowly and gradually when finances are good is the only way. I usually keep the same or equal level of staff through 2-3 promotions, usually only improving by adding to them one at a time (every 6 months or so) when I can get a significant improvement. I then let staff go once they are two leagues above their level and I have a suitable replacement already hired.

Eventually you get a good backroom staff setup but it takes 4-5 seasons and costs a little extra.

If you do not choose to go that way the one rule is DO NOT sack your assman until he has helped pick out his replacement :D

I set a job vacancy up in the job centre on the game and the applicants vary in terms of ability and reputation, trust me, some are horrific! Some of the applicants have no ratings over 10 and obscure or unproven reputations, I honestly can not aim any lower, I've tried but there are none! Yet I still can not afford them, I have no coaches for the season other than a GK Coach. Trust me, I'm not a thick person who is aiming too high, simply my board won't allow me the extra £25 or all the coaches want too much, nothing I can do about it!

Plus, how come I can offer £825 for a better type of coach? It makes no sense. The better coach won't come, but why not let me offer £375 pounds for a coach who is nearer to my wage acceptance rather than £825 for a coach who is too good? It's ridiculous!

Plus, how come I can offer £825 for a better type of coach? It makes no sense. The better coach won't come, but why not let me offer £375 pounds for a coach who is nearer to my wage acceptance rather than £825 for a coach who is too good? It's ridiculous!

The board do allow more wage for higher reputation, sadly their "give" in the wage bill is still not enough, its a nice feature from SI but like in real life its not always enough!

I think your main issue was removing staff that were actually decent enough!

I do agree with the posting vacancies, its probably your best hope now.

My staff I released were awful lol! I was at the bottom of the ladder mate, my staff were worse! Secondly, my point is this, my board will allow me no coaches as they won't let me offer £375 per coach, right, yet they will allow me to offer more a different coach. Can you explain this?

Surely, and there were some decent coaches who were £25 out of my price range, they would want some coaches at the club, at the minute I have none so I'm getting no training in!

my point is this, my board will allow me no coaches as they won't let me offer £375 per coach, right, yet they will allow me to offer more a different coach. Can you explain this?

reputation... the usual suspect!

I suggest just replacing your coaches with whatever you can afford then wait till you can offer more wages in a few seaosns time (if you manage the money well and get a bigger wage budget).

You could also adjust the finances so you turn transfer budget into wage budget, this might help.

I used to suffer the same problem as you but instead of forcing their hand by locking parts of the contract or making non-negiotable offers, I would keep offering the maximum wages I could until the staff member accepted.

For example, at my current club, they'd want £170p/w and my maximum was £140p/w and every previously-unattached staff member I've tried to get since then would inevitably accept my contract offer. They end up backing down before you do; not entirely sure I was lucky or if it was due to their personality tbh but it's a working method.

Thanks mons, I'll keep trying, a little perseverance may help me prevail! I'm annoyed as one of the coaches I was after who was very decent has signed for a club below me in the league for less wages! Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think the argument of releasing all your staff is abit off to be honest, ive been clubs where i havent sacked anyone and tried adding coaches and ive had this problem where i can offer something like £350 and the coach im aiming for is wanting £400 and wont accept the difference of £50. (and ive not been over my wage budget and my staff allocations were well under my limits also)

They end up backing down before you do; not entirely sure I was lucky or if it was due to their personality tbh but it's a working method.

Was exasperated until I read this mentioned in the career updates forum.

"€375p/w"

"No."

"€375p/w"

"No."

"€375p/w"

"No."

"€375p/w"

"No."

"€375p/w"

"Hmm, okay."

Has this myself with Rotherham - Andy Dibble GK coach contract expired, i was nearly 10k under my wage budget, but still the board wouldnt move to £500 when he was currently paid £450. I was within the coach limits but couldnt ask the board to make an exception for a good GK coach who knew the club. Bit odd. But tried the tactic above with just offering the same wage over and over with another coach and it worked - seems a bit of a fudge though, should be able to choose to offer more, or at least ask to, when 10k under wage budget!

Archived