Ahh Premier League getting the better of me

First, this is the first FM where I have ended up in the EPL managing a team.

Secondly, Im far enough into the game that no current player still plays. Macheda for United retired 4 years ago.

I am currently at Liverpool playing a 4-4-1-1. Varying between Standard/Attacking and Counter.

So far in the league I havent been doing the best but not the worst. All season I have been hovering around Europa Cup Qualification. Which is what the board expects of me. Personally, I expected to maybe get top 4. 5th place at least.

Anyway, all the top teams have been hammering me at home and away. Literally nothing I did could stop United hammering me at Anfield. I saved and reloaded a few times to try see a way to beat them but nothing I did changed it. Fair enough, United are top 3 teams in Europe at the moment.

Then I get drawn against United in the FA Cup 4th round. So I decide to save myself some time and holiday the match. To my surprise Liverpool win 4-0. Then I get drawn against Chelsea. Again I holiday it. 2-0 Win to Liverpool. Then its Man City, 2-0 to Liverpool. So I decide to just let my Assistant Manager play for the rest of the season. He wins every game and moves me up 3 spots on the table.

How exactly did he manage this? Is there anyway I can check what exactly he did to the team to make them bang in goals and basically take the team on the longest winning streak any team has been on in the EPL that year?

Are you picking your own players in the line-up? I've always found that when I chose my own line-up i'd usually lose/barely win, yet when I let the assman chose he'll pick a team that wins 4-0.

Yes but why?

Also this has only been happening to me in the Premier League. Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, I was doing well when I picked my own team and had a good side to choose from. Dont get me wrong, my team is alot younger and not as good as the teams I had in those leagues but the gap between what I get out of them and the Assistant gets out of them is huge.

Archived