Message to SI - please read and respond

I hope someone can help. I clicked onto the site as I do every morning and I got this message:

You have been banned for the following reason:

Alias

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

The only thing I can think of is I had 2 usernames, one to be kept logged in at home, and one to be kept logged in at work. I didn't realise that would be a problem. They are now both banned without warning. I'm a bit gobsmacked to say the least! I rarely post anyway, and I buy this game every release and come on here for the community side of things. I would never use an alias for malicious reasons, and to be banned (for life?!!!!) without warning I find incredibly harsh :(

I've created this new account now, please can it not be de-activated? I would really like to keep it so that I can continue to use this forum for skins, updates, news & gossip.

At the very least, if I'm not allowed this new account, please let me know what to do and how I can continue to use the forums. If I just get banned again without explanation I won't be buying FM again because reading these forums is all part of the FM experience for me. I learn new tactics, discuss potential signings, enhance my game with graphics and add-ons. I don't want to lose that!

I genuinely hadn't realised two accounts was a crime, and am happy to log in each time with just one account if that's the only way.

Many thanks for your time, from a lover not a hater,

Le Tissier's Nose.

:o

I just log in at work using the same account, I can see why it might be good to have two if the IT men clamp down on users posting stuff that might not be work appropriate and if the work sees other posts from your account that might not be...

I do hope it is just that issue, thought I would have expected someone to have a word with you first if there was a problem.

Lets hope this is just a case of mistaken identity if not the above! Unless you have actually done something that caused an issue!

Archived