Great Britian Team Manager.

Finished my first season with Stoke and got them to a solid position of 8th in the league and built my rep from up to 'National' level after starting on sunday league exp. So the offer came up to manager team GB at the olympics and i went for it thinking i may have a good chance givin my successful season. But my app gets declined and its givin to Steven Eyre who used to manage Rochdale in 2011!! I thought i would of have a better chance than him, anyone else had this issue?

I had this self same issue in a recent save as Fulham, guided them to champions league qual, won the fa cup, and when I mentioned to the press I fancy being Team GB manager they say my move reeks of desperation! Interested to know if anyone has successfully applied and got this?

I believe this to do with how poorly FM12 handles reputation, in my opinion in fluctuates way too slowly, leading to high-rep managers (Villas-Boas, Benítez etc.) keep getting high-profile jobs no matter how much they balls it up.

I got offered it after guiding Blackburn to 7th in Prem in first season. Not too rub salt in the wounds or anything but is a very good job to have. It is a weird one how reputation works though I'd have to agree, im surprised @bias12 didnt get it with FUlham in champs league though

I have got it every time i'm had a game going, either managing villa as professional or unemployed as international....I didn't apply as unemployed with international rep but got offered it, had another manager going as wales manager with international rep and applied for GB job but it got offered to the unemployed manager who didn't apply!!

I had Roy Hodgson take charge. This after he was sacked by West Brom after 15 games without a win. I applied after guiding Peterborough to 7th in the Championship(I lost last game of the season to drop out of the play-offs, to the eventual winners)

To rub salt in, I(Peterborough) lost 6 players to the games(not just GB, other countries picked players), one of whom broke their leg.

Archived