Semi-pro can get you an EPL/Championship team when starting unemployed?

I started with semi-pro as my past experience and loaded England, Brazil and New Zealand. I went on holiday and set to apply for top division team only in the hopes of getting a job in New Zealand. The game got to June 2013 and I got offered the Norwich job who are rock bottom and will be in the Championship next season. Does this seem right to you? I always thought that semi-pro would only result in a job at a much lower reputation team than one that has only just been relegated from the EPL.

I agree with you Acid, I would have thought semi-pro would have been a League 1/2 or maybe low rep champ side at a push. Even bottom of the Prem Norwich are a fairly established Championship side but they were relegated to league 1 for the 2009/10 season.

I only set it to apply for top league clubs I have all England loaded but that would not make a difference. As I was hoping to get a job in New Zealand which has only one playable level, the game would see me go unemployed forever if no top teams accepted my application. I have holidayed for 5 seasons before with Sunday league rep and got nothing.

This is always an issue with me. I never start a game with less than a pro footballer exp. but do like to start career in 3rd or 4th. level. I have spent whole seasons unemployed & no job offers following good success with lower clubs.

Can't really understand how the game can keep me "offerless" for years. No fun in that!

Archived