Do Part Time clubs ever go full time?

I think it's Corinthian Casuals in England and Queen' Park in Scotland who always remain amatuer, no matter how high they go. But any other team will become professional. The ways it generally happens when the club considers it financially viable to turn professional (making profit year on year), or when a club gets promoted to a professional league (League Two in England for example).

yep, i managed Redditch in BSS in FM 11, after 12 seasons finally made it into the football league and i believe within next few seasons as i established them as respectable league two team they turned professional

i was lucky enough to get offered a job at MK Dons and never looked back, but in 2041 they (Redditch) are still a league club having been hovering steadily between league one and league two for many seasons

• 1 month later...
yep, i managed Redditch in BSS in FM 11, after 12 seasons finally made it into the football league and i believe within next few seasons as i established them as respectable league two team they turned professional

i was lucky enough to get offered a job at MK Dons and never looked back, but in 2041 they (Redditch) are still a league club having been hovering steadily between league one and league two for many seasons

It took you 12 season to be promoted twice? LOL

I've noticed a lot of clubs in FM 12 in the Blue Square Premier turn full or part-time based on how their finances are. For example Eastbourne Borough became a pretty stable Conference club and had good profits so they turned full-time. Kettering Town were the opposite, because of low profits and constant flirting with relegation they turned part-time. Nice tough by SI in my opinion, very realistic.

It took you 12 season to be promoted twice? LOL

Not everyone plays with exploits such as downloaded tactics, signing every uncontracted international youth player, etc. Redditch aren't a strong team and getting them to survive is good, let alone two promotions.

Now on the topic... I've had two clubs convert from semi-pro to pro while under my leadership, one in Ireland, one in Norway.

Not everyone plays with exploits such as downloaded tactics, signing every uncontracted international youth player, etc. Redditch aren't a strong team and getting them to survive is good, let alone two promotions.

I agree with Hugo. Laughing at somebody because they have won promotion twice in twelve seasons shows a high level of immaturity.

I agree with Hugo. Laughing at somebody because they have won promotion twice in twelve seasons shows a high level of immaturity.

It was more the fact that he was 'bragging' almost as if it was an achievement, don't get me wrong i've done similar things. E.g i once did the whole 32 seasons with Woking on FM06 and only managed 2 seasons in the Prem.

Corinthians, rather than Corinthian Casuals.

No, Corinthian-Casuals was correct, Corinthians merged into them in 1939. Casuals are strictly amateur (although I suspect they wouldn't be if they made the league), although they have given up some of their traditional quirks like refusing to score penalties.

No, Corinthian-Casuals was correct, Corinthians merged into them in 1939. Casuals are strictly amateur (although I suspect they wouldn't be if they made the league), although they have given up some of their traditional quirks like refusing to score penalties.

Corinthian-Casuals aren't hardcoded into the game to stay Amateur unfortunately, been there a few times in recent years watching Burgess Hill, as soon as they start doing well their best players go to other clubs

It was more the fact that he was 'bragging' almost as if it was an achievement, don't get me wrong i've done similar things. E.g i once did the whole 32 seasons with Woking on FM06 and only managed 2 seasons in the Prem.

It doesn't look like he was bragging at all, merely stated how long it took him to get there.

How do you turn semi-pro? I'm stuck with Amateur in Danish 3rd division. Don't get me wrong, half of the teams in my division are semi-pro, so why won't I turn semi-pro? It's very frustrating as all my young superplayers are leaving for free.

I think there is an Amateur team in Denmark hardcoded into the game, not 100% sure though, if you are going to turn Semi Pro then it'll be before the start of a new season

Archived