Disabling updates on Steam...Keeps switching itself back ON!

Hi

I am disabling any steam updates for FM12 but once I have done this, i find the next day or when i restart Steam that its turned back on again...WTH?!

Anyone know how to solve this? I do not want FM12 to download the next update/patch without notifying me first that the update is available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Supposedly the auto-update system is working as intended, turning it off is not supposed to stop it from downloading patches and updates. Rather it means they are not downloaded until you actually start the game, with it left on the updates occur as soon as you start Steam.

As others have said, put Steam in offline mode, then it won't update.

Problem is, if it's too late and updated, and you want to go back to an earlier version that, for instance, you might have saved using Steam's backup feature, it will still update as soon as you reinstall it, and you can't install when Steam's offline either.

Forced to have the latest patch, in other words. That's not good.

I think this is why in future FM's the updates shouldn't be automatic through Steam, why not do it like the Editor and make it so you have the option to download patches, or not, it should be the users choice i think. Just a thought.

Edit : I probably should have been more clearer on the above, what i meant is when a new patch comes out it you should have the option to download and automatically apply to the game through Steam, that way we have the choice.

Archived