Are there way to improve youth intake if you are a big club????

I play as Roma and I've won multiple Champions Leagues, countless Serie A and Italian Cups.

Have a world class side. Do a good job at bringing youth players from all over, train them and work them into my side. I've got the best youth/training facilities you can have and extensive recruitment.

But for some reason I feel like I've seen my youth intake get steadily worse throughout the years. I'm not sure what else I can do. It's forcing me to have to continually buy youngsters from abroad which is obviously more expensive. I would buy some of those players regardless but have a steady youth intake would help offset some of the spending abroad.

Is there there anything else I can do to improve this? It just doesn't seem to make sense.

Always remember the player i got through my Vauxhall Motors academy a couple of months back, was instantly the best midfielder at my club then 2 matches into his career Reading bought him for 70k, my chairman accepted the bid as it was "too good to turn down". He ended up being a world class player who eventually got a £23m move to Chelsea and represented England more than 60times :(

It seems totally random to me though, whenever i'm a big club with great facilities i never seem to get an awesome player.

I have had six or more potential first-team-squad youngsters come up in my Roma team in the first two seasons. Maybe I was just lucky but Roma should have an excellent youth setup from the start, so since you are one of the best clubs in the world now, a 2,5 star potential player is a good or even leading Serie A player. You can't expect better players than that coming up every year.

Yea it was excellent in my first 2/3 seasons when I wasn't anywhere near as reputable as I am now. I've improved everything possible at the club but the intake seems to be getting worse.

Your average first team player has improved over the time you've been at the club while the level of your youth intake has remained much the same.

Therefore it may appear that your youth intake is getting worse but in general it isn't.

Archived