Match Highest Earner Clause

So, 3 of my players have this clause. I sign a new player who now earns £10k a week. Why do these 3 players now earn £19k a week? I would assume that "match" means receive the same not receive almost double. These 3 players have practically tripled their previous wage and has left my wage budget in tatters. Why do they receive so much?

So, 3 of my players have this clause. I sign a new player who now earns £10k a week. Why do these 3 players now earn £19k a week? I would assume that "match" means receive the same not receive almost double. These 3 players have practically tripled their previous wage and has left my wage budget in tatters. Why do they receive so much?

The clause means that if you top their current wage they get an automatic wage rise to make sure they are top earners at your club

Stating the obvious here but it should not work like this as the clause is to match the highest earner not surpass them.

That is exactly how I thought it would work. Nobody is on £19k a week at my club, that amount is well beyond the level of players in my team.

I thought this was a bug and posted about it in the bugs forum:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294111-Match-Highest-Earner-Clause

Having read your thread I think the same scenario has happened in my game. This is definately a bug. I reloaded my save which took me about 3 months back which is quite annoying.

If it wasn't the fact I hadn't saved my then this would probably have caused me to stop playing FM12 as it would have ruined my long term save.

I want to avoid real time editors as I am aware that they can cause all sorts of problems to a saved game. This issue must be addressed in an update as it is a game breaking bug.

If anyone else can provide evidence of this happening that would be useful to highlight the severity of the issue.

If you see it coming up then post it in the bugs forum. There's a link in this thread to the issue.

Upload your game to the FTP site, instructions are all there.

I've sold the player who was earning £22k a week on now so the evidence for the SI team won't be there anymore or do they have a means to find see this? I have to pay £10k per week for a year just so the player would move to another club :( He would have been good back-up aswell!

How do you use the editor to change data whilst you are in a game save? I can only get it work for me if i start a new save and load the editor data.

You need to use a program like FMRTE, but I have read on these boards that you now have to pay for it. Don't know how much, though.

Certain things do bug you in this game. For example I've just had a bid of £10M accepted (over my head) for one of my star players on deadline day, and he's left. I had turned down almost double that earlier in the window. I feel robbed.

"Match highest earner" is a killer to wageroll control if you want the club to progress.

I NEVER allow it in a player contract offer & I always check the contract of the highest earner in any club that approaches me, to make sure that that player doesn't have this clause. I refuse the job if he does.

Archived