Loaning Players Out

Seriously. What's the deal with this??!!

I'm currently running a game as Barcelona manager and, as you would expect, I have plenty very good young players. I've listed (and offered at 0% wage contribution) 6 or 7 of them for loan and had very few takers. Bit odd, because if Barca did this in real life, they would be inundated with offers!!

Even more annoyingly 3 of them state under their General Happiness "hoping to gain first team experience from going out on loan" but have rejected loan offers from the likes of Ajax, PSV and Bayern Munich. That's just plain silly. Lower league sides I can maybe understand but good clubs like that??

Has anyone else had similar experience and, more to the point, is there anything that can be done to fix it?

I think there should be an option, first of all to chat with a player at the start of a season and advise him to go out on loan, and second of all to interact with him after he rejects a move with a view to changing his mind.

Also, while I'm on a rant, it's FAR too difficult for an SPL club, for example, to loan a youngster from a Premiership club. This actually happens every season in real life but in the world of FM you can't seem to get anyone with out paying a ridiculous fee for the privilege. Which obviously isn't realistic on SPL budgets!

Just set him to both 'Transfer Listed' as well as 'Listed for Loan' should do the trick, at least it works for me. There NO NEED to set him to 'Not Wanted by the Club'....I think doing that would severely damage his morale

Archived