Queen's Park - Professional/Semi-Pro? Or always Amateur?

Hi folks,

I was looking for a wee bit of help here.

I was thinking of starting up a new FM save as Scottish Third Division side Queen's Park. But I remember from previous versions of FM that they are stuck permanently as an Amateur side (age-old club rule) therefore you could never get them moved up to Semi-Pro or Professional.

Has anyone got any idea if this is still the same in FM '12? Kinda' puts me off starting as them if i'm stuck to offering amateur contracts to everyone.

Could anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Hi folks,

I was looking for a wee bit of help here.

I was thinking of starting up a new FM save as Scottish Third Division side Queen's Park. But I remember from previous versions of FM that they are stuck permanently as an Amateur side (age-old club rule) therefore you could never get them moved up to Semi-Pro or Professional.

Has anyone got any idea if this is still the same in FM '12? Kinda' puts me off starting as them if i'm stuck to offering amateur contracts to everyone.

Could anyone confirm?

Cheers,

I have JUST started a game with Queen's Park. Haven't edited anything so I am staying amateur. The good thing about Queen's Park is that you can get some VERY decent players because of training facilities - I have noticed that if you approach certain players after about a week of starting, they start to want to negotiate their non-salary amateur contract. However do continue the game for about a 3-4 days then start making bids. I noticed that they are not interested straight away.

I have loaded the following leagues :

England and Scotland

Custom database:

Players based in Nation: ALL UK (England, Scotland, Ireland Wales N Ireland)

Players of Nationality: same as above

Players from Top Division Clubs: ALL UK, + Each continent (Africa, Asia, South America etc.)

Players from Top Clubs: same as above

Players with National/Continental Reputation: same as above

Current International Players: same as above

All in all 110,000 players (my max limit is 125,000)

The ones interested in signing are mostly South Americans & French players on Free transfers. Using Genie Scout some of these players have CA of over 100! .....better than any Scottish Division 1, 2 or 3 player!

I have also gotten rid of all my staff and signed VERY decent staff again with CA's of over 100

Can't wait to get this started....Just finalizing my signings now as I can only register 22 players for the league so making very careful selections.

I am also using Raver's Part time Training Schedules

I will be using a 4-2-4 as in Heath's Lower League Management post and see how I get on.

Roll on FM12! Let me know how you get on bro!

I was queens park on FM 2011 i reached the SPL but it is very hard to break into the top half of the table as i could only sign decent players on loan and 18 year old regens from nations that ive never heard off... i personally got frustrated because when i found a great player a team like celtic, rangers and man utd were signing him and i got pathetic compensation :( but on the other hand it is really easy to make a lot of mooney as they have a huge stadium and thay dont pay wages, in the spl i was getting attendances in the 40 thousands so i was making a profit of around 500k per game

Genie scout, downloaded tactics & training schedules! Would you also like someone else to play the game for you? :D

Actually they are not downloaded tactics...the scout and training yes. Heath's formation is just following the 4-2-4 formation but not implementing the same player roles or team instructions...Its my tactic matey honest! :)...i'm just using the shape formation but using my own initiative and strategy in the matches.

Archived