The mystery of the Shaktar Brazillians

First, I have to wonder why all of these talented Brazilians found their way to the Ukraine. Secondly I have to wonder why, after impressing in Europe for years no bigger club has come to poach them all up.

Especially if they really are as good as they are rated in football manager.

I mean Jadson for example, is he really as technically gifted as Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho and Riquelme and as creative as those? So he is basically Iniesta without the clutch mentality and drive?

Then there is Willian, Douglas Costa, Fernadinho, Luiz Adriano-all I have heard is Man United was interested in Douglas Costa but they ultimately did not make any bid. Does anyone watch this team Shaktar regularly? Is Jadson really one of the top .1% of technically gifted players on the planet? Is Willian really Ronaldinho Jr? I have only seen them a few times in Europe and don't watch these players regularly to judge, they looked pretty good but I don't remember Jadson standing out technically or anything.

Aye, Shakhtars dominance of the Ukrainian league and therefore almost guarenteed placement in Europe means they've got dollar to pay the relatively low wages of the native Ukranian footballers and can use their 'reserves' to splash on their Brazilian stars. I cant comment on how good Jadson and crew are outside of FM, Ukranian foozball doesnt receive much attention from the media...

I guess also that young Brazilians know that Shakhtar is a gateway to showcasing there skill in Europe, it becomes a self fulfiling prophecy in that respect.

I mean Jadson for example, is he really as technically gifted as Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho and Riquelme and as creative as those? So he is basically Iniesta without the clutch mentality and drive?

If you only consider a single stat (be it technique or creativity or whatever else), you can find a lot of players who are "as good as Xavi"... But it doesn't make any sense to only consider that single stat if the player is rubbish in all other areas. About Jadson, he's certainly a decent player in the game, but he simply isn't on the same level as Xavi.

Xavi : CA 183, PA 184

Iniesta : CA 182, PA 187

Jadson : CA 149, PA 155

CA/PA don't tell the whole story about a player, but a 30 point difference gives a pretty good indication...

Willian and Douglas Costa are very good players in the game, but they haven't reached their potential yet at the start, and even then, they aren't exactly going to reach Messi's level either...

Douglas Costa : CA 148, PA 175

Willian : CA 150, PA 170

As a comparison, in the editor, I can find 183 players with a PA of 170 or more, and 106 with a PA of 175 or more - it's not that uncommon.

edit: As for why they chose to play for Shaktar... Money is probably the answer, and the young ones (like Willian and Douglas Costa) probably also hope to make their way to bigger European clubs later on.

Shakhtar is by far the most overrated team in the game!

It is best to ignore the Ukrainian teams because it has no resemblance to reality, even this year passed the first phase of the Champions.

Unfortunately it is not always possible to do this, since it is common to see them to impose the SCORES (6-1; 7 -0,) teams such as Man Utd. Ridiculous.

Please correct this in the next update of the DB. If they reduce 20 points in PA all Shakttar players, especially the Brazilians, yet are still overrated.

Shakhtar has played very well in european compatitions the last few years, I think thats why the players have high stats. They didnt passed the first phase of CL this season, but nither did Porto or some other well known european teams.

Well almost all of them are being called up constantly for the National Team (In RL I mean...) Except for Douglas Costa, though he will probably play the olympics. Jadson even scored in 2011 Copa America for Brazil. They are not that overrated at all in the game.

i think reason they play in Ukraine is because it is very hard for multiple foreigners to join the big leagues so Shakhtar is good CL team who pays nice wage

for example in England they need to have work permit which requires 75% games played in last 24 months for National team, if that team is Brazil or Argentina will be hard for them to get such playing time. In Italy u can only sign i think one non-european player per season who is registered outside of the league, Spain im not sure off hand but i know is similar

thats same reason they all end up in portugal aswell, like Anderson, Hulk, Falcao, Rolando etc

as soon as they qualify for work permit and do their apprenticeship in such leagues they get big moves, this is why Portugal is my most scouted league, woop

Archived