National team using your stadium

In my current save, the national team is using my stadium for some of their games and I was pretty much unaware of that which is a bit unrealistic.

Could the option of a simple news item be introduced that says that the national team (U-19, U-21, U-23, A) used your stadium and just include a link to the match report? If you own the stadium or get the income from it, the news item should also say how much you've earned from that game by renting it out for the national team.

I'm not sure that the current game engine takes into account these things when the national team plays (rent, match day costs and income) but it could be interesting to see.

For example, my local team usually gets around £10.000 for each national team game and considering our finances in the recent years, it seems like a welcoming addition every time.

• 2 months later...
Think its a good idea. Would also like an option to apply for european competitions, as both Manchester stadiums do. Having never played as either team I assume you cant decide yourself which to go for?

I'd like this. I always get the news item about stadiums bidding to host things, I would like to put my clubs stadium forward!

In my Iceland game, My Stadium currently 50% bigger than the National Stadium, but it's still not used for anything other than the occassional cup Semi-final. Kind of annoying because it means the record crowd for an Icelandic Upper League Cup game is no longer held by me because someone else got to play their semi final at my home ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived