Squad Number/Unused/Retired.

During my current save and in only my second full year but third on the game (started unemployed). My team FC Zwolle was languishing 16th out of 18 teams in the Jupiter League when I took over. I managed to keep them up and the year after I got promoted through the play-offs on Away Goals, so I am just embarking on my first season in the Eredivisie, this season I decided to actually assign the squad numbers myself and noticed that I cannot use the Number 12 due to it being dedicated to the fans. I was intrigued to what this meant, so I googled it to find out it is effectively because the fans are 'the 12th Man' so below is a link to wiki that shows 'all' the team that have unused (Not officially retired), those officially retired (only 1 on the list is for services to a club the rest are through tragic circumstances), some that come under special circumstances (due to competition regulations).

Thought it might be good viewing for those who would be interested.

And maybe to see if these are correct and that these numbers cannot be given if you are a manager at one of the clubs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retired_numbers_in_association_football

Archived